Sponsored by:

Doing new interior 91 Cab, sources

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:07 PM
firstflat6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing new interior 91 Cab, sources

I bought a 91 cab a few months ago and now I'm redoing the interior (PO smoker and old). I want to see if I can find the black headliner for the top and just the plastic window. I'm researching the carpet now and I have the leather to redo all the other parts. WTF is that stuff they used to glue down the carpet and the back seat? I couldn't find any good how to for the top but it came off without too much trouble. Just a ton of little parts. Any helpful tip would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gary
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 PM
showard1998
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same shoes as you. I just purchased a 91 cab. as well. While the PO was not a smoker many of the interior parts need replacing/freshening up. I just bought some items from automotion.com and vertex both here in Florida. There is a few canvas shops selling the rear section of the top which includes the window, but I would be concerned with only replacing the back portion and not matching the front due to fading.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

firstflat -
I have a black liner that I bought for my CAB - but went another route when I replaced the top -
Couple of bits of advise - Make sure that you pull the top as tight as yo can and get it seated properly - work the back window section first and make sure that it fits properly on the sides -
GET some wide mouth Vice Grip pliers - the type that have a 4 inch plate welded in the mouth - think you can find at a welders supply - Also watch the cable on each side make sure this is at the right tension - and rerun correctly

Quick Reply: Doing new interior 91 Cab, sources