Sponsored by:

Bad Coils and more

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:56 PM
RW964
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad Coils and more

After driving my car for a bit running rough from the start took one coil wire off the dist cap idles good took the other off and runs like you know what ..

Took the coil wires off the coils and found green junk in there cleaned the wire best as I could and cleaned inside the coil. Sanding both of them to make some kind of shine and good contact.
Car runs alot better but not as should. Also found a crack in the cooling fan around one of the fins. Seems like it is time for coils and fans. I need to find a place to get the coil wires and not a complete spark set as this will be later and I have misted the set good for now. Also where to get a fan Pelican. I have a
90 964 C2 Now let see if I can get the picts into the mix... Randy

Post Script what do any think about the crack in the fan seems to go all the way to the center of the hub. I can always make a clock out of it does anyone have a used one
Attached Images    
Old 12-11-2010, 10:23 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

the cheapest place I found to get the fan a year or so ago was Sunset Porsche in Oregon. It came with a new bearing already installed. Used seem to go for not much less than new.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 AM
ian89C4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try looking on DC automotive (No affiliation)

Quick Reply: Bad Coils and more