Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would be a fair price to offer for a 90 C4 w/salvage title?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Guards964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With regards to the salvage titled 964, I would make sure you have the repair work checked out by a very good body shop. They will be able to tell you how well it was repaired. I wouldn't scared of it just because it as a salvage title. Here in Nashville one just sold that was a 91 red coupe. The buyer was from california and the motor had really bad leakdown results. He picked it up for around $11k and we took the motor and made it a 3.8 for him to use on the track. I've seen really low mileage salvage 964's recently selling around $15k -17K (17k seems too high in my opinion). But I'm also seeing the clean title 964 prices here locally rising too. My insurance company has the value of my '92 with 59k miles set with actual value (replacemment if it is totaled) @ $25K. I thought it was a little high, but they said they wanted it there because of the limited number of 1992 911's that are still out there on the road.

11k seems like a good price if the repair work is checked out by a really good body shop and the PPI comes out good.

Scott
1992 Guards Red C2 (constantly being modified)
Old 12-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Wise men I have heard can read 964:s panels pretty well when it comes to original paint edges, seals, sealing. Where they are put on and which directions they were put on at the factory from start. When a "totalled" car is made up again it should be a huge job to do this properly again.... I would get one of these wise men to read the car. I also understand You guys in the US have different rules regarding salvage titles in different states, stolen vehicles get salvage in certain states and nor sure in all and so on. So shouldnt it be an idea to try and trace the cars history and read it. IF it is a stolen with just parts taken from OR crashed car in mypoint of view is a huge difference...
Old 12-05-2010, 01:34 AM
74carreraturbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of GREAT advice given in this thread, thank you all for the input! I decided against the car only because the seller couldnt give me a clear enough history as to what happened to the car.

I am now on the lookout for a 70-80s 911 driver that would make a nice little track car or investment... If anyone out there has a line on a car that has some miles but is solid let me know

Rob

Quick Reply: What would be a fair price to offer for a 90 C4 w/salvage title?