water in passengers footwell

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 01:22 PM
rarebear
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water in passengers footwell

A month or so ago I took the floorcarpet out on the passengerside and the
rubber foam underneath was soaked with water, I drove a couple of days without the foam and with newspapers under the carpet, it appeared dry after that and I had dried out the rubber foam and reinserted it. This morning I checked (the entire floor) everything was bone dry except the passengers floor, all soaked again. I can't find were the water ingress is, is there a suspect place to look for ?

Last edited by rarebear; 11-27-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:59 PM
bpras@msn.com
Instructor

On my 993 the prior owner had the door check strap fixed. In the process the shop managed to move the sunroof drain tube so it drained to the interior of the car..... Easy to check the front sunroof drain tubes to rule them out. Open the sun roof, take a small straw and blow some water into the tube. If it drains to the inside you have found the problem. I fixed mine by using a small set of forceps through the power/stereo opening to relocate the drain tube to the outside of the car, took about 20 minutes, not a lot of room to work.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:49 AM
rarebear
Racer

thanks !!! I am on it .....
Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Same problem fixed!

When I bought my 964 last fall, I had the same symptoms. It was the plastic cover for the a/c servos that was placed between the hood and the hood seal instead of underneath. Once that was reinserted underneath the front cowl as designed, it hasn't leaked a drop since. I was amazed how much it would leak even parked in a light rain when it was improperly installed. I had to take my passenger floor padding out and let it dry (three days in the sun). Best of luck!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Check your HVAC drain tubes.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ater-vent.html
Old 11-29-2010, 01:51 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think mine was casued by the window seal. Replaced and no issues so far.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbotwoshoes
When I bought my 964 last fall, I had the same symptoms. It was the plastic cover for the a/c servos that was placed between the hood and the hood seal instead of underneath. Once that was reinserted underneath the front cowl as designed, it hasn't leaked a drop since. I was amazed how much it would leak even parked in a light rain when it was improperly installed. I had to take my passenger floor padding out and let it dry (three days in the sun). Best of luck!
Can you show us a picture?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Had a similar situation when I first got my '90 C2. Turned out to be failure of the body seal between the front left fender and the body at the point near the base of the windshield. I eventually did some disassembly: loosening off the fender mounting bolts, spreading the seal gap a bit and replacing the sealing putty. No problems since.

Jim G.

Quick Reply: water in passengers footwell