Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You know you're a 964 addict when...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default You know you're a 964 addict when...

The Best of:
You know you're a 964 addict when...

1. You reach 80 km/h in town just to raise the rear wing.
2. You consider ABS warning light an annoying thing.
3. You consider fan belt sensor the cutest invention ever.
4. When you see another 964, you check on the rear badge if it’s a 2 or a 4.
5. The word “Cup” only means a kind of alloy to you.
6. You asked a friend to raise rear wing and watched the mechanism with open lid.
7. Seat adjustment takes you half an hour.
8. You lower rear seats even if you have to load a briefcase.
9. The carper in your front boot is cleaner than in your bedroom.
10. You proudly show to friends Porsche badged mini-compressor.
11. You believe the temperature on the heater **** is really temperature inside. car
12. You’ve hesitated to buy a whale-tail.
13. You scare friends by suddenly pushing door lock button-
14. You consider 3.0 SC too old and 993 not will enough and ugly.
15. Your car spares dealer is no longer puzzled when you ask for 12 spark plugs.
16. When approaching a traffic light...you watch closely in the rear view mirror. 17. As people in the car behind go "WOW!" at your lowering spoiler.
18. You can spell "Freudenberg" without blinking an eye.
19. You're proud to state "My Car Doesn't Leak"!
20. You've got $2k stashed in your safe (that your wife doesn't know about) for the inevitable DMF replacement.
21. You've memorized the Porsche part number for the dual distributor vent kit.
22. You know you can just swap your Potenza S-03's on your C4 with Blizzaks and kick any SUV's *** in the snow.

44. You've priced the 3.8 litre piston and cylinder kits at least once.
45. You publicly state you love your 964 and would never get rid of it, but secretly you'd trade her away in a second for a mint 964 3.6 Turbo S if you could afford it.
46. You've justified in your head making your car a lightweight RS.
47. You keep the revs below 4000rpm for the first 1 hour and 35 mins of any drive - 'cos that's how long it takes for the oil to warm up....
48. First purchase is a Chamois sponge to get rid of all that condensation in the winter.
49. No matter all the little problems your 964 has had it's never left you stranded by the road side.
50. You lose a nights sleep because it has developed a clunk which you imagine is going to cost £2,000 + to fix.
51. Although you would never like to admit it, you've lusted after a 993 or in darker, weaker moments a 996 with a GT3 body kit!!
52. You say you really like Guards Red, but you would never order a new BMW in solid red!!!
53. You await the day you'll be stopped at a traffic light and a Boxster or Cayman rolls ups.
54. You know only a 911 is a Porsche and you feel sorry for Cayman and Boxster owners.
55. You start to believe that a repair bill of £500 "is quite reasonable, and less than I expected".
56. It takes you about 15 mins, 3 loo rolls, running in and out of the car and wrestling with a 4 foot long dipstick when topping up the oil.
57. Your clutch has no resistance for the first half inch of travel and you don't care.
58. In the face of universal objective criticism you convinced yourself that the dash switchgear layout is ergonomic perfection.
59. You've never dared ask 'why not turn the engine round, lose the useless rear seats, and...hey presto....you've got a mid-engine supercar?'
60. You just have one more look at it before you go to sleep.
61. You look over your shoulder at your 964 after parking.
62. You walk backwards from you car to get different angles to look at.
63. Your wife asks you : "If you had to make a choice ... me or your car ?"
64. At night when nobody sees you, you can sit for 10 minutes in front of your car with a beer just to admire the curves.
65. You think that--without a doubt--the 964 is the most attractive 911 ever produced. And, you're not just saying this because you own one.
66. Every time you see another 964 on the street, it makes your heart beat a little faster.
67. The fact that the exhaust is on the same side as the drivers seat, is music to your ears.
68. You kill the radio, open the windows, open the sunroof on approach to a tunnel. And then decide the stereo speakers don't need replacing.
69. You can't get away from the habit of leaving your wife's stomach behind when pulling away just to hear her squeal.
70. Having that "don't even try" look in your eyes when a BMW driver pulls up next to you looking for a race.
71. When looking at your car from the back, you can't remember when you've ever seen a sexier pair of hips!
72. Your accused of rubbing your car more than you wife.
73. You have a secret credit card (hidden from wife, statements sent to your office) to pay for performance enhancements
74. You know why the ignition key hole is on the "wrong" side.
75. Your two most-used acronyms are DMF and AMF. 'Dual Mass Flywheel' and 'Adios, M***** F*****.
76. When you decide that your next 911 will be a 964, NOT a 993
77. When you're comfortable with the fact that many of the "brake ducts" offered on the market don't actually do a damn thing for brake cooling on a 964...they just look cool!
78. You think a non-adjustable wheel is normal in a supercar.
79. You have an open account with a local circus contortionist to provide interior cleaning of the rear window, as needed.
80. You love the high pitched whine of the curved fan blades. (You wonder if you can hear it only in the car?)
81. When you have a 993 and you still lust over a 964 3.6 Turbo S
82. You know what a 965 is.
83. You decide to sell it, but then each week you somehow forget to advertise it properly so it ends up staying in the garage.
84. You would only sell your 964 to a 911 addict. The idea of selling her to a bloke that doesn't know what a 964 is would kill you.
85. When someone says to you "how's the baby" & you smile to yourself thinking of that flat six...
86. So you tell your wife you only want 2 kids 'cos you can't fit any more into the back of a 911.
87. When you laugh out loud on your own in your car after you've had a long blast.
88. So you enjoy washing the car and view it as some sort of bonding experience with your car touching all those curves.
89. You feel guilty towards your car if you've left it dirty for too long.
90. You freak out and grab onto stuff when other people in other cars even slightly lift the throttle in the middle of any turn.
91. You get into another car and miss the peddles because they aren't offset!
92. You make the spoiler go up when a car pulls up behind you at a stoplight.
93. You raise the spoiler when stuck in traffic to cool the engine.
94. You know you are a 911 driver when the only reason you think about the weather is because of your car.
95. You drive by an automatic car wash and wonder how anyone could do that.
96. You have to tell your friend that "I never rev this car above 4000 rpm until I hear the oil "gurgel" in the sill on your right side of your seat.
97. Your passenger asks you how to open their door.
98. When your girlfriend rolls her eyes you say 911 after hearing one, just before one appears into sight.
99. When your girlfriend thinks its you arriving every time she hears an air cooled porsche.
100. You justify to yourself that £200+ spent on Zymol cleaning products is really an investment.
111. You dream of the perfect Christmas present: The entire Swissvax collection!
112. You drive hundreds of miles to meet up with other 964 owners just bore each other senseless.
113. You spend huge amounts on money on things that are not broken or that will add a couple of BHP.
114. Your 4 year old son tell his friend his daddy has a 911 "Porscha" and you get that warm glow of unconditional love.
115. You use the tacho more than the speedo.
116. When after parking your car in a public place you walk around your car to check it for scratches while hoping your passenger will not notice.
118. You slow down to let the car in front of you to get further ahead...
so you can speed up for the turn!
119. Your girlfriend complains of her clothes smelling of car polish after they've come out of the washing machine. Secretly you like her smelling that way.
120. You approach every driveway/entrance/speedbump at a snail's pace, and from an angle.
121. You get uncomfortable glances from concerned neighbors or dog walkers wondering why you're in the garage checking or adding oil with the engine running!
122. You must also spend at least 2 hours a day on Rennlist.
123. You finished reading this list!

Last edited by Porsche964FP; 11-11-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crikey! One to check back and read later when there's more time. :-)
Old 11-10-2010, 07:20 PM
campoj2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a fairy accurate list - you left out
1. You find yourself drinking beers with your 964...and having a good time.
There's probably a few more out there
Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You might forget to bring your wallet but you'd never leave home without a spare DME relay

Last edited by Laker; 11-16-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

"You see Speedline RS Mags for sale and convince yourself they are an investment for the future...401K contributions "be damned"
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

"you realize owning one 964 is great, owning two is heaven".
Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 PM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

You know you're a 964 addict when... you're so excited about the rear spoiler that you repeated yourself at #1 and #23!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

I am not an addict
I can quit anytime I want !
Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

124. When you shop for wax and wonder if the wax is good enough .
Old 11-10-2010, 10:37 PM
RacinToday
Instructor

124. You have owned your car for a year and don't know if the stereo works.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife have been in my car dozens of times and still can't figure out how to open the door.

I guess that makes us even because when I drive her car I have no idea where to put the key.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Regulatori
Instructor

-You'll purposely park in some obscure area of the parking lot to avoid door dings.

-When you see that a large SUV is now next to your car after walking out to the parking lot, your heart skips a beat.

-Find yourself going out to the garage to "look for something" but actually just doing it to sneak a peak at the car.

-Driving by a business with a lot of glass windows and finding yourself staring at the reflection of your car as you drive by.

-Enjoying the puzzled look on people's faces when they can't figure out why you're loading groceries where they expect the engine to be.

-Finding yourself parking further back in every parking spot because you're paranoid of scratching the nose on a curb.

-You find ways to balance coffee/espresso drinks on your passenger seat because you don't have a cup holder. I have a whole system.....I'll get one of those 4 cup cardboard drink holders, put my single coffee cup in a back row, place the whole thing on my passenger seat, use the electronic seat adjustments to tilt the seat back to form a secure "pocket" for the drink holder, and then place a folded up piece of napkin in the drink spout to keep the coffee from splashing out.

-Being fascinated by the loud ker-chunk as you shut the door

-Find it perfectly normal that your clutch pedal is close to the same spot as most normal cars accelerator pedal.

-See a new European Porsche magazine and instantly start flipping through the pages as you skip all of the articles concerning RS, RSR, 935s, to first look for anything on 964s. Then getting anger when you see some type of buyers guide where they don't give the 964 the full 5 out of 5 stars.

-Feel a little bit of happiness when you see a standard 964 sell for a high amount of money...but then feel slightly bad for the people looking to buy one.

-Feel the need to act like a wikipedia article explaining the whole history behind every oddball feature on the car.
Typical conversation (with gf)...
Me "You may be curious why the ignition is on the left side. Well back during Le Mans...." (10 minutes of history lesson.)
Her "Actually I really don't care."

Me "The actual smell in the car is a Porsche 911 aircooled trademark, it's....."
Her "That's great but it still stinks"
Old 11-10-2010, 11:26 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really 964 centric, but:
when you go house shopping the first thing you check out is the garage (a friend bought a house once because it had a five car garage, the fact that there was a house attached was a bonus).
Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Lil bastard
User

125.) You're certain that the guy who came up with the Emergency Response Number HAD to be a PCA Member!

126.) You think a Smart Car is useful... as a wheel chock.

127.) You think the 'P' function of the Turn Signal Switch is the coolest way to inadvertently drain the battery yet concieved.

Cheers!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 11-11-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:43 AM
falcor
Racer

Lies, all Lies, I will deny everything !

(ok there might have been one or two that hit the mark)

Quick Reply: You know you're a 964 addict when...