Sponsored by:

I Don't Know Where To Begin

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattwaite
Having seen this car in the flesh, its finish is very good!! Maybe the air-ride is not really necessary (as far as I'm concerned) or to everyone's taste, but I thought that it was a very good looking car.
agree, each to their own....looks like owner cares about that car.
these cars as they approach 20 yrs old have 2 ways to go....pure (therefore somewhat slow/dated) or modified.....
Old 11-06-2010, 04:32 AM
Unkle
Pro

I don't think he cares for the car per se, as its a business for shows and many modding teams in the UK do this kind of thing to get attention. (I wish I hadn't contributed to the attention). So with so few of these cars left, he has taken it, added weight, put bags on it and an RS badge and is offering it out at every show, what a waste of a perfectly good 964...

Although reading the 1st 2 pages of the thread on the other forum its kind of nice to read so many on that forum also believe he has taken a nice rare car and added weight and ruined it with silly show bags. (their words).

Last edited by Unkle; 11-06-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:47 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
these cars as they approach 20 yrs old have 2 ways to go....pure (therefore somewhat slow/dated) or modified.....

I dont agree at all that a pure 964, or any 911 fwiw looks dated and it depends how you modify them

I'd suggest a standard well looked after car would be quicker than the car featured here, even if it was only because of the additional weight of the show car

A car modified in what shall I say, Porsche style, so lighter, better brakes suspension, exhaust would be quicker than standard, and the show car wouldnt see which way it went

And the RS badge is a crime
Old 11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
clutch-monkey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freedman
I dont agree at all that a pure 964, or any 911 fwiw looks dated and it depends how you modify them

I'd suggest a standard well looked after car would be quicker than the car featured here, even if it was only because of the additional weight of the show car

A car modified in what shall I say, Porsche style, so lighter, better brakes suspension, exhaust would be quicker than standard, and the show car wouldnt see which way it went

And the RS badge is a crime
i get the feeling the guy isn't bothered by speed/performance..

Quick Reply: I Don't Know Where To Begin