Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two DIY's few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Moffman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now is it necessary to remove the battery entirely from the car or just the positive and negative connectors
Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Moffman
Now is it necessary to remove the battery entirely from the car or just the positive and negative connectors
No need to physically remove the battery. just disconnect the negative cable. You can leave the positive (red) cable attached.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Moffman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
No need to physically remove the battery. just disconnect the negative cable. You can leave the positive (red) cable attached.
I appreciate the help I just have one more question

If I disconnect the battery I'm guessing it will definitely mess up the clock so how do I reset that into the correct time, and does it effect the radio I read sometimes the radio will ask for a code on startup but I think thats for the newer car models... (I also have an after market Alpine radio so I don't see how there will be any issues)
Old 10-29-2010, 08:09 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To reset your clock feel around on the upside down 'ledge' directly underneath your clock, you'll feel a rocker switch with one side popped up and one side flat against the dash. Push the 'popped out' side to adjust the clock, if you have the battery disconnected for a significant length of time hold the button down and it will start to move the minute hand very quickly.

No need for a code with an aftermarket radio.

Originally Posted by Moffman
I appreciate the help I just have one more question

If I disconnect the battery I'm guessing it will definitely mess up the clock so how do I reset that into the correct time, and does it effect the radio I read sometimes the radio will ask for a code on startup but I think thats for the newer car models... (I also have an after market Alpine radio so I don't see how there will be any issues)
Old 10-30-2010, 09:00 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ValveFloat
.....I think the latch was designed by an intern or something...
+1. My PO was the original owner, and there are three service tickets mentioning complaints about the glove box door. Even after three tries, the dealer did not get it right, and to this day it is difficult to get it to open. I suppose I should be grateful it is not the other way (popping open).

Quick Reply: Two DIY's few questions.