Sponsored by:

Wing to scuttle rubber seal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:22 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by breale01
Yes, the cowl. It came to me, I returned to Rennlist to post and saw that Ken D beat me to it.

Still, it's a 964 in any language. Now back to the garage (I mean car port) to check on a few things like my antenna (I mean aerial), wax the hood (I mean bonnet) and then fill'er up with gas (I mean petrol).
Don't forget to check the tyres. Have a look at the sills for stone chips. What colour are your wheels and are they made out of Aluminium
Old 10-28-2010, 10:45 AM
breale01
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm Canadian, so 'colour' is spelled 'correctly', however, my wheels are 'aluminum', not 'aluminium' and my 'tires' are black. Us Canucks are caught somewhere between the Yanks and Brits/Aussies. And it's 'zed', not 'zee'.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:36 PM
rocketdogbert
Advanced

Google Noah Webster lol

John
Old 10-28-2010, 05:59 PM
breale01
Racer

Originally Posted by rocketdogbert
Google Noah Webster lol

John
'His most important improvement, he claimed, was to rescue "our native tongue" from "the clamour of pedantry" that surrounded English grammar and pronunciation. He complained that the English language had been corrupted by the British aristocracy, which set its own standard for proper spelling and pronunciation.' - Wikip

So he's the culprit.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
rocketdogbert
Advanced

'His most important improvement, he claimed, was to rescue "our native tongue" from "the clamour of pedantry" that surrounded English grammar and pronunciation. He complained that the English language had been corrupted by the British aristocracy, which set its own standard for proper spelling and pronunciation.' - Wikip

So he's the culprit.
Yep. For me, as long as I'm understood, it doesn't matter. Tire/Tyre etc

Cowl and scuttle though, bit trickier
Old 10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
breale01
Racer

It's all part of what makes the world a more interesting place, even within the anglophone community.

Cowl and Scuttle....my kid is dressing up as a pirate for haloween. Sounds like something he could use in his pirate vocabulary....."aaaarrrrgh, cowl and scuttle !"
Old 10-28-2010, 06:32 PM
rocketdogbert
Advanced

It's all part of what makes the world a more interesting place, even within the anglophone community.

Cowl and Scuttle....my kid is dressing up as a pirate for haloween. Sounds like something he could use in his pirate vocabulary....."aaaarrrrgh, cowl and scuttle !"
ha ha, don't get me started on pirates. Why they all say "aaaaaarrrrrrgh"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_in_popular_culture

"Stereotypical pirate accents tend to resemble accents either from Cornwall or Bristol in South West England, though they can also be based on Elizabethan era English or other parts of the world. Pirates in film, television and theatre are generally depicted as speaking English in a particular accent and speech pattern that sounds like a cross between a West country accent and an old English accent, patterned on that of Robert Newton's performance as Long John Silver in 1950 film Treasure Island."
Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 PM
breale01
Racer

LOL, full circle, back to England.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Who'd have thought a thread about a rubber seal on a 964 would include Long John Silver? :-)

Quick Reply: Wing to scuttle rubber seal?