Sponsored by:

Engine Rebuilds on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:48 AM
hamah
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Rebuilds on ebay

I know it sounds crazy and the price looks too good to be true but take a look at the following and post your comments:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything that looks too good to be true, usually is too good to be true! I don't think MotorMeister have a particularly good reputation either from what people have said about them on here! Perhaps someone who has first hand experience with them will chime in.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:33 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at this............
https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...ter-issue.html

Old 10-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I've read the same things about them here and elsewhere, what totally surprises me is their eBay feedback is 100%
Old 10-23-2010, 10:46 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Laker
I've read the same things about them here and elsewhere, what totally surprises me is their eBay feedback is 100%
You normally give feedback on ebay after you have received and are happy with the product. Who knows how long before a 'cheap' rebuild will let you down?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs down

Yea well take the time to see what the feedback is... All the feedback is for the same crap over and over; banner flags, spanner wrenches, non Porsche parts and for some reason there's a run on early zenith manifolds... Not to mention each feedback is recorded twice...one for the flag and one for the box?....

Also if you read the description the price is for them to "rebuild" your motor for $4995, so you pay to ship it to them they rake it apart and "clean & polish" whatever the he'll that is, they polish your cylinders? WTF? Anywy then the reassemble it with your original parts unless they are "broken" or "damaged" in which case they can either charge you for new or use "reconditioned" aka: used parts and charge you extra...

A true rebuild would be a description of the parts to be reused and the factory rebuild tolerances before a part is not reusable and then the new parts which will always be replaced...not some iffy "cleaned and inspected" qualifier... And no I'm not a customer of MM but this ad and history of several Rls would have me running away...
Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no personal axe to grind, but this outfit have a truly dreadful reputation.

A search on Pelican might prove useful ......
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Stay away from Motormeister, search the forums here and on Pelican, tons of nightmare stories. I have a hard time believing also their 100% feedback.

Quick Reply: Engine Rebuilds on ebay