Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Megasquirt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gus, that is very cool! What exhaust are you running with it?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus
...VEMS unit...
Link: http://www.vems.us/v3ecu

That looks bomber; can't believe the price. How difficult would it be in your opinion to simply swap our beloved 80's vintage Motronic for this? Seems like the things that gave you trouble were related to your VRAM swap.

Consider what it costs to replace coils/caps/rotors on a 964 and you're halfway to a new ECU.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

I think you could acquire all the necessary parts for somewhere between 2500 - 3000 depending on what you wanted to have change. But that would be doing all the change overs yourself. Getting some one else to do it would run the price on up. The 2 - 6 coil packs are not that bad, certainly more economic than a new dizzie. The various sensors you need should be a couple of hundred. IF you have to spring for new spark wires that is more than pocket change - some recovery could be had if you sell what you remove. As you won't need the trap door air flow sensor or filter system. You will need a 3 inch alum elbow and some straight pipe. A MAT sensor an a throttle position indicator sensor that will have to be modified to fit the 964 throttle rod. I a sure that I have missed a lot as it has been a couple of years since I did mine. Then you get to do the program set up - but there is a lot of info out there now - and special programs to help you tune the settings.

Quick Reply: Megasquirt?