Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD1 Interface is now available for order!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Are you still using Scantool 4 or is there a software update can get for the one I made a few years ago?
Scantool 4 is the latest that we have access to. Unfortunately development for that has halted. It would be great if anyone who is good at that kind of software dev could be drafted to do a re-write...

You can check at the site though, as we provide access to OBDPlot and a couple of other resources that might help you get more out of your own tool.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:38 PM
BigAl64
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Received the ScanTool Hardware

Received the hardware promptly from Tom, professionally packaged. I work in the Aerospace hardware business, looks like a quality piece of hardware.

Installation on my PC laptop was smooth, instructions well written.

Plugged into the car, read the OBD1 system with no issues. Now I have to go chase the 029 and 059 unknown fault in the Airbag system.

I need to mess around and see if I can get it to run on my MacBook Pro with Parallels.

Alex
Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 PM
breale01
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted on your MacBook trials.

Getting mine soon and would be nice to have it work on the MacBook instead of chasing down an old PC laptop.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigAl64
Received the hardware promptly from Tom, professionally packaged. I work in the Aerospace hardware business, looks like a quality piece of hardware

I need to mess around and see if I can get it to run on my MacBook Pro with Parallels.

Alex
w00t! Glad it arrived in fine form.

I have gotten it to work with Parallels... the only hangup is the configuration to set the USB as COM1 in the Parallels setup. Once you get that right it works like a charm.

--tcb

Quick Reply: OBD1 Interface is now available for order!