Sponsored by:

FS: 1993 RS America $22900

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FS: 1993 RS America $22900

Also put up an ad in the Member For Sale section, but figure some browsing aren't paying members................

1993 911 RS America
--$22,900 (Lowest priced RSA currently for sale, by several thousand)
--140k miles, ~6K during my ownership (since 2004)
--100% stock with exceptions noted below
--Red/Black fully optioned car (sunroof/LSD/air conditioning/stereo)
--No records (believe it's an original CA car)
--Never damaged (as far as I can tell), but looks like at least the nose and hood were repainted years and years ago.

I bought this car to replace the (then) D class RSA I raced from 2000-2003. But I never converted it past the point of putting some 964RS street Bilsteins, Eibach springs, and track worthy brake pads on it. Kinesis K28 17X 8/9 wheels with Toyo RE-01R tires size 225 & 255. I mounted a second stock oil cooler in series, over with the a/c condenser. I believe the car has an RS clutch. (It's definitely lighter in feel than the stock one in my C4S, but not quite as rev happy as the 3.8 in my faux RS that has had significant internal lightening.)

It's been a third or fourth backup track car, mainly to give low-end students rides. Probably 2K of the 6K miles I've put on it have been circulating the track. Currently CA Non-op, mainly because I don't need to insure 7 cars. Fully CA smog legal, and will provide CA smog for in-state buyer.

Known issues:

(First, I'll say that if high mileage or any track use upsets you, it's best to pass on looking closer at this car, and concentrate on the few other RSAs out there priced $10K+ higher.)

Small rust are in lower corner of driver's side around windshield. Typical of 964.

Needs front brake rotors.

Airbag light is on, as I've reinstalled the stock steering wheel.

Oil leaks. Yes and no. Nothing on the ground, or leaking on the exhaust. But if run ~100 miles on track, then the rear bumper and under the spoiler have an oil film. Require repair? Your call. I think it's naive to consider a car at this mileage and not think "big picture" in refurbishing the top end.

IF the transmission has an issue, it's that 4th is the easiest to pop out. I'd address it only when the engine came out for the above mentioned work.

Ultimately, this is an honest car for someone who would like an RS America at a low point of entry. With some sweat equity on the mechanicals down the line, you'll have the same dollar amount in it as with a car with half the miles. But you'll have fresh mechanicals, to your specification, that will last forever. I've got my eye on another race car, and with all I have in the fleet, this is the one that just doesn't fit in my plans anymore. Take a look at the photos, and email me at race911@gmail.com if you've got any further questions.
Attached Images           
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Martini Turbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see this is an old post but did this car sell?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its still around I am interested
Old 03-15-2012, 12:29 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Well, it's still around. But I sold it, and it resold a few months after that.

And to rehash the ugly, gory part of selling this car--while there was a lot of interest, I could NOT believe how unrealistic prospective purchasers were. Was this car "cheap" or "a deal"? Not really. It was a good platform from which a good track car (it was purchased to replace the similar RSA I wrecked in a club race in 2003), or a DIY guy to buy in low and refurbish the mechanicals as time/budget allowed. Bottom line though was that 2/3 of inquiries thought it was merely mispriced, and since an RSA with half the miles has double the ask then this car could be flipped for an easy $10K.

Ultimately, a guy with a low mile RSA bought it and planned to use it as a track rat. Then I guess a GT3 came along, and he went that direction. Was so easy to deal with a long time and multi 911 owner.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so is it or is it not for sale still...

I know all about it how unrelistic some people are. Both sellers and buyers. I can usually tell in a short phone call if someone is real or not.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

This car sold to a friend of mine about a year ago. It was way cool, and very fast. I liked it. He did sell it along a few months back when he bought a drop dead, gorgeous GT3. I thought the RSA was a great deal for what it was/is.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
castorjs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, Is it still for sale? Definitely interested, pretty much what I am looking for.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:19 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That Tallon even knows a guy who drives a water pumper blows my mind.

But wait, somehow I think he even owned one for a while!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:07 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by castorjs
So, Is it still for sale? Definitely interested, pretty much what I am looking for.
Can't people read? *I* sold the car in January 2011, and (per me and Chris commenting above) Tom resold the car sometime later in 2011 when he bought the GT3. I have NO _______ idea who owns it, or if it is for sale again.

Not many come along like this, and I was tremendously disappointed in all the talkers and wannabes who claim to want a fixer/car that can is nothing better than a platform to become a track rat, but think I was somehow insulting them by asking even over $15K for the car. (Lowest offer was $8K, since it would be $20K repair all the "work" it needed............) Seemingly, since I have a lifetime spent with these cars, I was supposed to be selling a car much as the beautiful unmolested 35K miler that was just purchased in the other thread for a little over $20K.

I'm going to close this thread. Make up another one if anyone cares to comment further.

Quick Reply: FS: 1993 RS America $22900