To all C4 owners - regarding Hammer use

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:23 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default To all C4 owners - regarding Hammer use

Hello,
I’ve been sniffing the data stream between my C2 and my hammer to obtain the hammer’s protocol. I also have a circuit that emulates the various ECU’s that my car has to generate all the possible fault codes for the Hammer. All this is going well except for getting fault codes, etc. for the PDAS/ABS ECU on the C4. Without that ECU, I’d be spending a lot of time faking out my Hammer to get all the PDAS features, and on top of that it would not be reliable. So, I would like to know if there’s a C4 owner that owns a Hammer that would use my circuit to obtain these data streams. The circuit is passive in that it only captures the traffic between the Hammer and the car, and connects to a laptop via serial or USB. This circuit has a cable w/ proper connection to the Hammer, 19pin plug to the car and, lastly to the PC. I haven’t seen a C4 on Kauai, so I reaching out to a willing C4 owner.
Second option would to be to lend my Hammer and sniffing circuit to a long-standing, forum-contributing, C4-owning Rennlist member who has a windows laptop and has the time to go through the PDAS menu of the Hammer while connected to their car. I would loan it out for a few months while you use it to bleed your brakes, etc. If you’re a member of the local Porsche club you can use it for a “Hammer Day”.
Third option would be to obtain a working PDAS/ABS control unit and put it on my testbench. Anyone have one available?
Please give me your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Kevin,

I have a Hammer, a C4, and would be willing to test your circuit.

PM me of you would like to preceed.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 08-16-2010, 12:52 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am really interested in the results of this.. I have a C4 as well if you want me to do any testing.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tbennett017
I am really interested in the results of this...
+1 Best regards, Mojo.

Quick Reply: To all C4 owners - regarding Hammer use