Sponsored by:

Monday mood- grump

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday mood- grump

Well, had a busy weekend. My wife and her mom went to see "Wicked" Saturday, so I had the kids. Had to make something for our block party too, so I baked a spicy parmesan pretzel rod. Eh... not my first choice but they were ok. Sunday was a Porsche Concours d'Elegance in celebration of the Milwaukee Porsche club's 50th anniversary. There was a record 55 cars there; and I think there were about 35 that entered to be judged. The rest, like me, were there to watch A great variety of cars from a few 356s to a brand new 997 Turbo S One of the club members also showed up in his Lamborghini

oh yeah- grumpy is because my camera belt came undone and my camera crashed to the tile floor and broke my flash mount again. I JUST had the same flash fixed for the same thing. Cost me $125 last time!

So here's a few images from the show, and a link to more:

Gallery link
Old 08-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Hawk - Always love your photos. Sorry to hear that you dropped your camera. I had a similar problem. I picked up my laptop last weekend and heard a snap. It turned out that my thumb crushed a portion of my LCD display. Drats! I spent 2 days trying to decide if I will attempt to fix it or replace it. The laptop is 3.5 years old. I decided to repair. I purchased the parts (LCD & keyboard). They arrived Friday. A friend helped me install it on Sat. The laptop is running again but my wallet is $200 lighter. The part that really bugs me is that it was an avoidable.

My weekend went very well. In addition to repairing my laptop. I reset my girlfriend's "check engine" light. It was caused by a bad/loose gas cap. I ordered a new cap this morning. Love the pricing $3.50 plus $2.00 shipping. Wish the P-car parts were that cheap. Sat afternoon, my friend and I removed my sunroof headliner to reglue it. I had originally used 3M Super 77 glue. I'm trying Permatex Headliner & Upholstery glue. Both smell similar but hopefully this will work better. I am also thinking of using some clips to pin the rear edge. Has anyone else done this? I temporarily reinstalled the sunroof sans headliner so that I can drive the 964. :-)

Sunday was spent going to Lowes and putting rocks and anti-weed fabric around the edge of the house. We then went to my GF's parents house for a BBQ.

Bottom line: It was a great weekend (productive & fun). This week is starting off well. I saw a red 964 cabrio this morning, as I was getting off the highway heading to my office.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:21 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Typical weekend for me... Yardwork all day long on Sunday. All I saw of my wife was the top of her hat in the garden, and when I was lucky, her other end while grabbing weeds...

Sat was a blast over the mountains to see my parents. The P car ran flawlessly for 350 miles RT. It's great to remind myself what it's there for.... That cruise at 95 MPH at ~4K is sweet.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Tom; lucky dog! on running both backroads

Last edited by hawk911; 08-02-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
DaveK
Race Car

I spent the weekend away. Thursday was the girlfriends birthday, so we left for York early Wednesday morning. Never been there before, and it (and the surrounding area) was lovely. Stayed in a superb hotel with the best food I've ever had.

On Friday, we drove cross country to the Lake District - where it all went slightly wrong. Turns out there are two hotels there with the same name - and I hadn't booked the one I thought. The one I had booked was not entirely the standard to which I wish to become accustomed...... We had to stay there the first night, but cancelled the second night and booked into the hotel I'd planned to use in the first place. Was very good - but not close to the place in York.

Combined with presents, the whole experience made Porsche's look quite cheap! But it was all good fun.

Tonight, the turbo went back to the dealer - again. This time for the fake brake pad warning light - and when I get it back from there, I can then take it back to my normal mechanic to investigate why my new fuel pump - which replaced my constanty whining fuel pump 3 weeks ago - is whining...... Looks like it's the 964 for a few days.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Dave- hope you get the Turbo sorted out so you can enjoy it and not the drive to the repair shop
Old 08-02-2010, 09:11 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just got back from 3 days of DE'ing at Watkins Glen

Just imagine how boring it gets going 'round and 'round topping out at 135 MPH and lapping in the high 2:20's!

I had the PERFECT milestone for a P-car.... turned 100,000 miles between T6 and the Toe (T7)!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

......wkend was really good. vancouver into its 3rd wk of uninterrupted sunny weather - outstanding cab weather.
we had a nice run on saturday out to new restaurant for a "fish lunch" and to see son-in-law's new (but used) lexus sport ute...impressive.

thks for the photo show....sorry about your camera, but glad not more serious.....my favorite here:

Quick Reply: Monday mood- grump