Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone clean Intake with Engine Running?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Unkle
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone clean Intake with Engine Running?

Hi

Just a quick question, is it possible?

Due to heat, compression and other factors won't it just clean and burn off in the system without causing harm? Im sure most if not all Carb/intake cleaners are actually designed to do this and mixing with the flow of air actually helps to clean the whole system. Most garages seem to use EGR cleaners and intake cleaners with the engine running as the instructions suggest. but I haven't seen a thread where someone took the air filter out, started the car and cleaned the system that way

Just wanted your thoughts, and what makes the engine different to others and needs the removeal of parts first.

Last edited by Unkle; 08-02-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Cam Arnott
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't do it on the off chance that what you are spraying dislodges any bits of dirt etc that then get ingested by your engine......

I'm not sure what that stuff would do to the injection system either??
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Unkle
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply.

Thats what i was thinking, although due to recirculation of breather gases it already means the intake is covered and this inevitably is inducted into the cylinders in normal use. but as everyone seems to remove and clean instead of following the manufacturers instructions of the carb/intake cleaner, I just wondered.

Think I will sensibly/safely follow the crowd on this one

Quick Reply: Anyone clean Intake with Engine Running?