Gap at front of cab top

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap at front of cab top

So I have an alignment difference when the top meets the windscreen. The passenger side goes in perfectly. The drivers side does not fit up snug when closed. In the attached pic is the bolt the arrow is pointing to the adjustment bolt to push that side a bit further forward when closed?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

I believe that you also want to make sure the tension between the left and right motors is equal. That will alter the alignment too.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:58 AM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by aeroman
So I have an alignment difference when the top meets the windscreen. The passenger side goes in perfectly. The drivers side does not fit up snug when closed. In the attached pic is the bolt the arrow is pointing to the adjustment bolt to push that side a bit further forward when closed?

Thanks
Yes. Its worth noting that this is the only mechanical adjustment point in the whole system. Make sure the gearbox mounts are tight too.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

That is not the only mechanical adjustment - the transmission has room for adjustment. If you back the three transmission bolts off, the transmission can be shifted around to facilitate alignment (up, down, left, or right. This moves the whole side of the cab roof and can be used to align the up pins in the top part of the windshield .
Old 07-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Gus

I was referring to a "true" mechanical adjuster whereas I think you are referring to optimizing the play at the gearbox mounting points. Those mounts are really only bolts through spacers to fixed nuts. There will be some play (tolerance) but they are not true adjusters as such, but, every little helps.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

True - that is the only real visual mechanical adjustment. But, one needs to be aware of the fact that the transmission can be adjusted. Because if one side (transmission) comes loose and slips down it changes the whole alignment. That is one think that needs to be checked before you go in and start tightening the transmission bolts. If the transmission is not in it's proper position you can create alignment issues that then become difficult to figure out without going back to the starting point.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Gap at front of cab top