Sponsored by:

Broken Air Con Compressor Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Alex Sol
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Broken Air Con Compressor Bracket

I just broke my second Air Con bracket. That C shaped unit that connects to parts of the fan area and holds the compressor in place.

This is the second one in six months. I did a quick search and found nothing.

I can't be the only one to do this and is it because I've missed connecting a bolt that reinforces the bracket. It does sit out there and must take a fair bit of abuse.

The first one split at the flat top area and the second somewhere in the middle.

I'll load up some pictures.

This was during a 2000 km run from Toronto to Montreal down into Vermont where I bought a set of Sumitomo HTR ZIIIs and then down to Hartford CT to pick up a used cbr 600 F3 motor and then back. All in 28 hours! Major road trip.

MY 91 964 worked incredibly and the tires (for the price) are amazing....

Best part of the drive was the evening drive down through Vermont south from Burlington into Springfield CT area!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Alex Sol
Pro

Sumitomos sizes are 205 50 17 x 7" cups and 255 /40 17 x 9"rears in case anyone were to ask... $508 installed included all taxes etc... smooth quiet ride, grippy in the corners compared to my 10 year old continentals up front and 6 yr old rears.... they came with the 17" set of cups...
Old 07-21-2010, 01:32 AM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you manage to fit that motorcycle motor?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:08 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 462 Posts

Are you missing the two supplemental supporting mounts? Or are they loose? One goes from the lower right of the compressor perch to the top of the right-side cam tower over the valve cover, second one goes from the top left of the compressor mounting bolt to the oil pressure sending unit. Without these, you will torque the mount and fracture it.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Alex Sol
Pro

Garrett376

that is exactly what happened. i am missing both i think. dam.

i'll send over some pic.

a CBR 600 F3 motor easily fits behind the front seats with the rear seats folded forward. I'm 5'-10' my buddy is 6'-0". My buddy put it behind the driver seat for some strange reason. it was late and we had no trouble with space. In fact there was a little too much room and the motor was pitching back and forth so we used a bungee cord.

note: no intake just the motor... room for two if necessary....

Quick Reply: Broken Air Con Compressor Bracket