cab hood will not operate..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM
catwalk six
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cab hood will not operate..

Hello all,

Can you please help me, my cab roof will not operate, motor sounds but will only lock roof into its final position when i lift roof into its final position. Problem started about a week ago when i operated the roof switch to take the roof down to clean the inside, i also opened the engine lid to clean the engine, when i finished and closed engine lid roof would not operate.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Do a search, some others have had similar problems. This is the most recent that I remember. His electric motor had come loose.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...with-pics.html

Good luck with the repair.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

This could be the classic cable shrink. See the attached write-up. The motors run but do not make contact with the worm gear to turn the cabrio transmission gear. This happened to me and the fix worked perfectly.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...cable-fix.html
Old 07-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Do the search - there is a lot of useful info here on your problem and how to solve. In most cases it will be the cables or the side transmissions. Both are easy repairs if you are handy. It could be as simple as the bolts backing out of the transmission housings and letting the worm gear spin freely.
BEFORE YOU GO TAKING EVERYTHING APART - make sure you mark the position of the lever arms that attach to the transmission. PU the top all the way up or all the way down so you have a reference point to start from - Take plenty of pictures
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not in control!!!!!!

Andy,

Gus has given some good info and I have gone through the link and if you have tested the micro switches I think locating the control unit and removing it for a check on the condition of its soldered joints would be a good idea.

Gaz,

Quick Reply: cab hood will not operate..