Sponsored by:

I got nothin

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I got nothin

Well, almost. My daughter had a class at the zoo on Saturday. She says to me "can we take the Porsche?" so we did. She loves that car!

Saturday afternoon, I took the Porsche to a studio open house, and kicked some people off the car that wanted to use it for a prop. I've waited 4 yrs for the right model to be photographed with my car; she was not it.

What did you do?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
What did you do?
Took the wife to breakfast Sunday in the red car.
Fixed the clothes washer by replacing its water mixing valve, and the dryer by replacing its thermal fuse.
Mowed and fertilized the yard.
Fixed daughter's closet doors.
Created computer log-in account for next week's visit by snoopy sister-in-law. (Her account locks her out from doing anything but email & fart while on the computer.)

Enjoyed many pop-sickles.

You know... the usual stuff.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wedding Sat... my old friend Steve was so nervous... it was fun to watch him sweat for once... usually so composed...

I managed to MacGuyver the heater mixing flap into the "cold" position finally. Finding those heater mix servos are getting pretty difficult. At least I can drive the car now without melting.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Collected the turbo from it's service on Friday night. I had to hand over a fairly large wedge of cash before they'd let me have the car - but it does feel much improved. I hope it now behaves itself for a while.

On Saturday, mostly stayed in. Years ago, the fence between my driveway and my neighbours driveway blew down and the neighbour didn't replace it (they're responsible for that boundary). A couple of weeks ago, my neighbour sold the house - and although they haven't moved in yet, the new neighbours visited the house twice that day. I happened to be working from home that day - and saw the woman walk across my driveway - right next to the turbo - twice. On Saturday, an almost 6ft tall fence appeared between my driveway and the neighbours - that won't be happening again!

Sunday, went to pick up some oil for the turbo - and couldn't resist a new jack while I was there. This is a proper jack - I tried it out on the 964, and it lifts the rear of the car so high at max lift that the rear bumper is at least as high as my waist!

Oh - and although it didn't happen over the weekend - last week, my employer told us that they had sold our particular group. (Actually they told us that about 30 mins after they publicly announced it). At first it was shock - but since then, I've come to the conclusion that although the future is a bit unknown - it's actually a very good thing.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Dave - Hang in there. My company was acquired about 7 years ago. At first it was very unsettling but in the end, it turned out to be a good thing.

My weekend was a party on Saturday at a friends lake-side cabin. They were celebrating their 1 year weekending anniversary. Sunday was spent doing the Sunday crossword, planting a few shrubs in the front yard and helping a friend rotate his tires and do a basic car health check (oil, air, filters, etc). The end of Sunday turned out extra well. Some neighbors came over and we chatted on the deck. We ended up opening a bottle of wine, brought out some cheese and crackers. It was a very pleasant way to end the weekend.

Meanwhile, we had a heat wave last week, my newly install sunroof headline came unglued. I guess I didn't choose the right glue for the job. I had used 3M Weather adhesive (see below). What is the right product? I don't mind redoing it but I would like to only do it once.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:01 PM
xeps
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No 964 stuff this weekend. Fuel pump on the brink, waiting for one to show up. Not really looking forward to that DIY.

Just got a bunch of golfball sized hail at work - 964 parked in the driveway at home.

Scared to look.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stained the deck... a very Porsche-less endeavour. Cut short by a downpour which meant time in the garage
Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by xeps
No 964 stuff this weekend. Fuel pump on the brink, waiting for one to show up. Not really looking forward to that DIY.

Just got a bunch of golfball sized hail at work - 964 parked in the driveway at home.

Scared to look.
it's not terrible to do. Just make sure you put all washers on, as one less washer on the input side leaves you leaking a bit of fuel don't ask how I know..
Old 07-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Alfaguy2
Racer

Its summer here (in Ireland) which means it is raining frequently. I was working all day Saturday (policeman) which is the end of my current 'week' so off Sun, Mon, Tue.

Sunday was F1 day at Silverstone so watched it all on TV - managed to take the 911 for a spin during the mostly dry day. Nothing much else except usual chores and keeping my three and very demanding dogs happy.

Monday (today) some domestic chores to do in town but took the 911 first and later did some more in my TR6 with the roof down.

Tomorrow - as usual loads of plans but little usually achieved.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:37 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I spent last week up at my summer cottage in Virginia working on a new porch and doing some fishing and crabbing. My company shut our office July 1. 3 days before that I got a call with a job offer doing the same thing. I started the new job today. I got a bigger office with a lot better view very nice employees but with a 10% cut in salaries. Sure cant be picky about pay these days. I had planned on long term unemployment so just got lucky to get any job. I havent driven either car for over 2 weeks. I imagine both batteries are low.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
mac109
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

We had great summer weather here in Orlando on Saturday....wife and i spent the day driving thru countryside with the top down.....Sunday, cleaned and "Ragg Topped" the 964 and put away for the week (well, maybe just a couple of days).
Old 07-13-2010, 08:21 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mac109
We had great summer weather here in Orlando on Saturday....wife and i spent the day driving thru countryside with the top down.....Sunday, cleaned and "Ragg Topped" the 964 and put away for the week (well, maybe just a couple of days).
Hey thats my car!

Quick Reply: I got nothin