964 Suspension differences

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 964 Suspension differences

Hello all,

Does anyone know what the suspension differences are between the 89-90 model years and the later cars ? KW list a different suspension kit for the two and I'm wondering if the coilovers from my 93 car will fit my 90 car and vice-versa.

TIA.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talat,

The rear top mounts are different. I believe the later cars used a slightly longer shaft. Page 236 of Adrian's book shows you the detail.

The chances are that the rear shocks from the later car will not fit the early car.

Regards

Dave
Old 06-09-2010, 08:47 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Dave's right. On my early car the KW kit came with new top mounts to make the rear coilovers fit. Maybe you can just get the KW top mounts to adapt them to fit the rear? However, that would put you between a rock and a hard place because the standard rear suspension on the early car couldn't be fitted to the 93 car. If I was in your shoes I'd leave your 93 as it is and get a new KW kit for the early car. And since the early car is mostly for track, it might be worth going for KW clubsport rather than V3.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cheers chaps I'll give the Bilstein/H&R Green setup that is currently on the car a chance then (probably at the PCGB Oulton day at the end of the year).

Steve, do you know what the differences are between the V3 and Clubsport setup ? O/T but I'll be wheeling out the Celeb for one last track day - you coming to the PCGB one at Silverstone in July ?

Cheers,

Talat
Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Talat
Cheers chaps I'll give the Bilstein/H&R Green setup that is currently on the car a chance then (probably at the PCGB Oulton day at the end of the year).

Steve, do you know what the differences are between the V3 and Clubsport setup ? O/T but I'll be wheeling out the Celeb for one last track day - you coming to the PCGB one at Silverstone in July ?

Cheers,

Talat
Clubsport is firmer, has less adjustment and costs a bit more. Definitely more track focussed than the V3 (saying that...I'm still glad I went for V3 with mine being half road/ half track).

Yep all booked for Silverstone. See you there
Old 06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
frankvan
Pro

on this topic of 89-90 rear suspension - even thought shocks are slightly longer are the springs the same length?

Quick Reply: 964 Suspension differences