Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flappy paddles for 964 Tiptronic.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Alivreal
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for trying Arrowhead. Looking forward to the pictures!
Old 04-27-2015, 03:26 AM
nmaisey
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys.

Sorry for dragging up an old post but I've just done this install.

Got a bit of a problem if anyone thinks they might be able to help please chime in

Paddles installed and wired exactly as listed above. Went very smoothly.

Have just gone to test it and when in auto mode I.e. In "D" the car drives normal. Really normal.

When I flip the stick to manual mode it won't shift up or down using the paddles or the stick. Very weird.

I don't have the centre console installed yet and have check signals across all switches with a multi meter and they check out fine. 0 volts when switched and 13 when open.

I even disconnected the battery and left it for 10 mins then retried and still no luck. I'm stumped short of the fact it could be the dme control module?

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Old 04-27-2015, 05:27 AM
Alivreal
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nmaisey
Hey guys.

Sorry for dragging up an old post but I've just done this install.

Got a bit of a problem if anyone thinks they might be able to help please chime in

Paddles installed and wired exactly as listed above. Went very smoothly.

Have just gone to test it and when in auto mode I.e. In "D" the car drives normal. Really normal.

When I flip the stick to manual mode it won't shift up or down using the paddles or the stick. Very weird.

I don't have the centre console installed yet and have check signals across all switches with a multi meter and they check out fine. 0 volts when switched and 13 when open.

I even disconnected the battery and left it for 10 mins then retried and still no luck. I'm stumped short of the fact it could be the dme control module?

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Do the gears shift up as if in auto mode even if you put the car into manual as if in auto still?
It could be the micro switch that is telling the box it should be in manual mode.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:42 AM
nmaisey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alivreal
Do the gears shift up as if in auto mode even if you put the car into manual as if in auto still?
It could be the micro switch that is telling the box it should be in manual mode.
Nope. The micro switch seems to be working at first cause the dash shows it in 2nd gear manual mode when I slide the stick across. And it holds that gear. Then after a while it will revert back to "d" by itself even tho the stick is in manual mode. From there it will shift normally (even with stick in manual mode). Any attempt to put the stick back into auto then back into manual again doesn't put it into manual mode until I turn car off and restart it
Old 05-18-2015, 10:22 AM
justin-in-athens
Pro

Anyone here have difficulty mounting their momo hub?

It should fit directly on top of the clock spring just like the oem wheel correct?

It seems my 7004 hub has flanges on the mating side that do not allow the splines on the inner shaft to engage?

Please advise.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:45 AM
Jetscape
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Circleswim, Im glad I found this thread. Just a quick question. Where did you earth or attach the common ground wire of the shifters? I want to replicate your set up in my 993 tiptronic. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:03 AM
Dingo
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

This is awesome!

Quick Reply: Flappy paddles for 964 Tiptronic.