Lakewell or Appbiz

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lakewell or Appbiz

Hello all,

I'm looking at stripping the interior and fitting some RS style lightweight carpet in my new car. As far as I can tell my options are either Appbiz (plush) or Lakewell. The Lakewell stuff is nigh on twice the price of Appbiz but is the extra cost justified by its quality ? I don't mind paying extra for Lakewell if there is a noticable difference. Anyone have any thoughts ?

Cheers,

Talat
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Polman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Talat, I bought the Lakewell full carpet set for my 964 Turbo in December last year. I was impressed off the quality and all the pre cut for the centre console. The small pieces in the foot well ( where the connector for Bochhammer is) on both side…you have to cut those little suckers your self…..other than that…an easy mount with the right glue. I used both spray glue and constructing glue!

-I must ask you…your rpm instrument..and the OBC..is that in miles or kilometre?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Talat
Hello all,

I'm looking at stripping the interior and fitting some RS style lightweight carpet in my new car. As far as I can tell my options are either Appbiz (plush) or Lakewell. The Lakewell stuff is nigh on twice the price of Appbiz but is the extra cost justified by its quality ? I don't mind paying extra for Lakewell if there is a noticable difference. Anyone have any thoughts ?

Cheers,

Talat
I used Lakewell too, they are the only choice for colors other than black. The kit was easy to install and great quality, ripping out the old stuff, not so much
Old 06-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the input fellas. Will probably go Lakewell now that the exchange rate is moving in my favour

Polman, my car doesn't have an OBC and my speedo is in mph.

Cheers.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Polman

-I must ask you…your rpm instrument..and the OBC..is that in miles or kilometre?
YHM

Quick Reply: Lakewell or Appbiz