Sponsored by:

Yet another cabriolet roof question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010 | 08:43 AM
Jeremy G
Advanced

Unhappy Yet another cabriolet roof question

Hi,

I have searched the other threads concerning cabrio roof problems, but I can't find what I am looking for, so any help with the following greatly appreciated.

Last summer I had the roof down, and when parking the car and closing the roof, one side stopped rising after about 1/3 of the way. Fortunately I noticed in time and stopped. The other side would run both ways, but the passenger side stubbornly would not.

As the roof was stuck, I referred to the driver's manual, which said to slacken the two large bolts behind the rear side panels, and move the roof manually, which I did. I retightened the bolts, and I haven't used the roof since.

I now want to get the problem sorted. Having retightened the bolts, I would expect one side still to function, but it doesn't. I can hear both motors turning, but there is no roof movement.

What do these large bolts do? What is the process I should follow to put it all back together so that it works?

Any help much appreciated.

Best,

Jeremy.
Old 05-14-2010 | 02:20 PM
Kuchar
Racer

Hi Jeremy

Not big problem!
Check if this four screws are screw on to the transmission on passengers, and drivers side.

Good luck!

Kuchar

Last edited by Kuchar; 12-12-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-14-2010 | 05:33 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well done noticing before any damage incurred!!!
Old 05-14-2010 | 05:48 PM
Duck
Burning Brakes

+1 -- I am replacing my b-pillar this weekend due to it snapping in half.
Old 05-14-2010 | 06:02 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

964 cab received high marks from Car&Driver in 7/92 for its "slick" vert top BUT i would happily pay (along with a lot of 993 owners i think) if someone developed an installation to convert the vert to full manual operation & eliminate all the motors - including the windscreen & cables.....(guess it exists in going full bore speedster conversion....but thats pricey).
Old 05-14-2010 | 06:32 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Most likely, as mentioned, loose bolts... you are very lucky to have caught it before breaking something $$... now go buy a lotto ticket...

Cabrio Top Problems

Quick Reply: Yet another cabriolet roof question