Heater woes

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 AM
vasculardoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater woes

Hi All,

Have a1990 C4 Cab. Basically bullet proof in overall terms apart from the usual wear and tear things - but recently noticed that the heater isn't quite working right. As long as I have the A/C on and the temp at low (blue dot) I can adjust the fan speed without any problems and it works fine. If I move the temperature adjustment off the blue dot the fan speed doesn't change at all with any change in the 1-4 selector ****.
Not sure if this is a problem with the temperature selection **** or whether there is some relay somewhere somewhere that I should be checking first.
Keen on any advice.

Mark
Old 03-27-2010, 08:02 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vasculardoc
Hi All,

Have a1990 C4 Cab. Basically bullet proof in overall terms apart from the usual wear and tear things - but recently noticed that the heater isn't quite working right. As long as I have the A/C on and the temp at low (blue dot) I can adjust the fan speed without any problems and it works fine. If I move the temperature adjustment off the blue dot the fan speed doesn't change at all with any change in the 1-4 selector ****.
Not sure if this is a problem with the temperature selection **** or whether there is some relay somewhere somewhere that I should be checking first.
Keen on any advice.

Mark
Mark,

Sounds like your rear blower (engine compartment is non functioning), there's lots of info on this topic when you search the forum. This thread is a good start

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ml#post7147678

Rgds,

Harald
Old 03-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whilst I concur with Harald about the rear blower, my concern is that where the rear blower fails to start the cabin blowers would normally stop completely after a second or two regardless of the state of the speed switch. It might suggest there is another problem. Make sure the rear blower fuse is a 30 amp part too!!

Regards

Dave

Quick Reply: Heater woes