Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

I think it's a cool idea, would blend-in perfectly with a black interior also.

(no affiliation) http://www.automotion.com/product.as...1&dept_id=4913
Old 03-17-2010, 11:56 AM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92silver964
My actual long term plan is to get new seats, and I was just trying to protect these until then. I drove BlueHeeler's 964 recently and noticed a huge difference in his seats, which I think were factory sport type. Kind of made mine feel like bench seats in terms of body stability. So, I hope some day to get replacements which are much more confining.

(Had to after this)
IMHO the covers look better in person than photos.

I do not know why the seats in my car are so much different than your car. It might be one of the changes from 1989 to 1991.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Basic vs. Full Leather interior

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
I do not know why the seats in my car are so much different than your car. It might be one of the changes from 1989 to 1991.
At a past Cars & Coffee, a fellow 964 owner and I sat in each others car and also noticed a bolster difference. Visually everything looked the same, but when you sat in the seat the bolsters were different. His car had a full leather interior (dash, door handles, etc.) with soft leather seats. My interior is basic (leather seat fronts) but the bolster are slightly larger or deeper.

The conclusion we came to was that the full leather interior car with soft leather definitely has less bolster to them. (don't know if the seat option he had is/was called comfort or soft leather??).

Are your two cars interiors optioned differently? Basic vs. Full Leather?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:03 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
At a past Cars & Coffee, a fellow 964 owner and I sat in each others car and also noticed a bolster difference. Visually everything looked the same, but when you sat in the seat the bolsters were different. His car had a full leather interior (dash, door handles, etc.) with soft leather seats. My interior is basic (leather seat fronts) but the bolster are slightly larger or deeper.

The conclusion we came to was that the full leather interior car with soft leather definitely has less bolster to them. (don't know if the seat option he had is/was called comfort or soft leather??).

Interesting. My car has the basic interior with 4 way power seats. His has more options with softer leather 8 way seats. Not sure if his is full leather. My seats feel very much like an aftermarket fit. His are more of a comfort/sport that will accommodate larger people. TBH I do not think a very large person would even fit between the bolsters in my seats.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

IMHO the covers look better in person than photos.

Do you have sport seats? Sport seats have much larger side bolsters vs the standard seats.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nine11
Do you have sport seats? Sport seats have much larger side bolsters vs the standard seats.
Both cars have big bolster sport seats. However there seems to be a comfort sport seat and a narrow sport seat.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Both cars have big bolster sport seats. However there seems to be a comfort sport seat and a narrow sport seat.
Are you comparing them to 92Silver's seats shown here?

I don't think those are sport seats....I have the sport seats and the bolsters are much larger.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:13 PM
meek
Burning Brakes

The grey seats pictured above are Sports seats. There was, as far as I know, no variation in the Sport seat bolster. What you are noticing is probably down to the previous owner/s of your cars. If they were large in girth, the seat bolsters on the base and sides get flattened. I have noticed this variation between my 944 Turbos and my 964. My last Turbo, though low mileage, had very thin feeling bolsters; met the previous owner and now know why
Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Are you comparing them to 92Silver's seats shown here?

I don't think those are sport seats....I have the sport seats and the bolsters are much larger.
[/IMG]
I am also comparing my seats (tan) to another set I was in a few weeks ago(black). Both seats look exactly the same, but the black ones have a much more comfort feel.

Edit: I am not sure it is wear either as my narrow seats have twice the mileage as the black ones or 92silver's. The passenger seats are the same way.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

I am also comparing my seats (tan) to another set I was in a few weeks ago(black). Both seats look exactly the same, but the black ones have a much more comfort feel.

Edit: I am not sure it is wear either as my narrow seats have twice the mileage as the black ones or 92silver's. The passenger seats are the same way.

Those are the same seats but differ from 92Silver's seats. Maybe it's the springs that makes it feel more comfy?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:15 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Those are the same seats but differ from 92Silver's seats. Maybe it's the springs that makes it feel more comfy?
I have no idea why, which is the reason I brought it up.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
92silver964
Racer

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
I checked and found that I have option code 437, which I believe means "full power" and "comfort" for the left seat. I would imagine that "comfort" and "sport" are a bit opposite - hence the minimum driver support in my seat.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:32 PM
92silver964
Racer

Originally Posted by J richard
Well don't feel bad the look like they do the job, I have a set of wet okle that I used for a long time didn't really like the look but preserving the seat was more important... It's probably more the contrasting color, the black, synched down tight against the full, plentyfull bolster, cut away at just the right uh...oh...uh what was I saying?...oh never mind...I got distracted by barrys post...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
92silver964
Racer

I have no idea why, which is the reason I brought it up.
Perhaps "comfort" really just means wider berth. I didn't sense any difference between your seats and mine as far as springs were concerned. Seems like it was all in the amount the bolsters project and hold you laterally.

Gee thanks, BlueHeeler - now you made me need to get new seats!

Quick Reply: Seat Chaps