Sponsored By:

March 9, Laguna Seca, Open Passing

Old 02-19-2010, 06:07 PM
race911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default March 9, Laguna Seca, Open Passing

Contact me directly if interested.

Private day, two run groups (not a fast/slow deal, just two run groups), open passing, 7 30 min sessions, 92db day, experienced only, street cars OK, $280.

Other than that, what I can tell you is that for the past 10 years the organizer has run EXTREMELY tight open track days with zero problems. No attitudes, lots of passer/passee cooperation (unless you want to run your own mock-race, that's up to the individuals involved).

Again, contact me directly via email for more info.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Indycam
Super User

How much just to watch ?
Old 02-21-2010, 11:40 PM
race911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sign the waiver! Plenty of rides to be had, too. SA2000 helmet, if you've got one. I'll have a spare.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:32 PM
race911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Updated on the 993 Forum. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=21505

Just to throw a little 964 specific comment out there, in light of the chatter on engine builds/search for HP/free lunch, consider we did a little test acceleration run between the yellow car and the RSA. End result from running up the front straight? About 1.5 car lengths. That's similarly weighted cars, one with a regeared 3.8L, the other 140K miles of as-factory-delivered 3.6L fury. In fairness, I had to shift the yellow car into 5th, as the gearing sucks for Laguna. And I was on a hard 6800 RPM shift point. But there was a 911 rookie driving the RSA, too. He also backed off slightly earlier for 2, where I can take it to the "4" brake marker. So if I was driving both cars, call it two car lengths difference.

Ultimate "insult" was that my lap times were no better in the yellow car than what I used to run with the stock class RSA (admittedly 250 lbs lighter) in our club races on similar tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: