March 9, Laguna Seca, Open Passing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:07 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default March 9, Laguna Seca, Open Passing

Contact me directly if interested.

Private day, two run groups (not a fast/slow deal, just two run groups), open passing, 7 30 min sessions, 92db day, experienced only, street cars OK, $280.

Other than that, what I can tell you is that for the past 10 years the organizer has run EXTREMELY tight open track days with zero problems. No attitudes, lots of passer/passee cooperation (unless you want to run your own mock-race, that's up to the individuals involved).

Again, contact me directly via email for more info.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:40 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Well, we went, we returned. Got a couple of guys over on the GT3 forums to come on out, too.

Yellow car had not been on track, at speed, for 1 1/2 years. But after fiddling around with getting the engine back together and bolted in over the last week, out it went. Probably put 150 miles on it. Kept having to refuel! Balance sucked. Was back at square one with the Motons. But it was more about getting some miles on the car.

What WAS painfully obvious, being this was the first time I bothered to take the car to Laguna (sound issues, obviously), was the gearing. It's perfect for Thunderhill. Perfect. It sucks at Laguna. As in, give me a stock transmission sucks. Runs out of 3rd before 4, 6, 10, and 11. Runs out of 4th before 2. Tony Colicchio said he was seeing the same thing on the GT3 he was helping that had a short R&P, but obviously they aren't on a hard (though self imposed) 6800 rev limit. All told, I wasn't running any quicker than I did on similar tires with the stock class RSA #1 in the club races years ago. And that car was running 255 tires, and a stock driveline down to having the catalytic converter still installed...........

Be careful what you wish for when deviating from as-delivered.

(My neatest trick was the ability to drive two cars at the same time, as shown in the third picture. Thanks, as always, to Dito @ gotbluemilk photography!)
Attached Images    
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
aks801
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great shot coming down the corkscrew!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

"Tony Colicchio said he was seeing the same thing on the GT3 he was helping that had a short R&P,"

so it's not just me who felt 4.0 R&P sucked at LS.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 AM
VMXWinn
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like your RSA!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:14 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aks801
Great shot coming down the corkscrew!
Dito is a fantastic photographer. Self taught. You can check out all his work from Tuesday here: http://gotbluemilk.com/web100309/ (Check out #83's off. It's not a 993, but a torsion bar car with 993 bodywork.)

Originally Posted by mooty
so it's not just me who felt 4.0 R&P sucked at LS.
I know, I know, Tony's the type of guy you just can't really trust for an honest answer. Right??????? Ha!

Originally Posted by VMXWinn
You wouldn't have with the EIGHT YEAR OLD Pilot Sport Cups. But it was all that was available when I went begging last week for anyone who had anything resembling track tires. Seriously, it was like I was the lone guy driving a wet track on a sunny day. Balance was fine, though. Which, in an odd way made it pretty entertaining. Nothing I'd care to repeat as I was 7-8 seconds off pace.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Terrance Seto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMXWinn View Post
You wouldn't have with the EIGHT YEAR OLD Pilot Sport Cups.
My lower back didn't like it either on the drive home. Ugh...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 246 Posts

The first shot is awesome... I'd be happy to correct the color etc in pshop if you like.

Quick Reply: March 9, Laguna Seca, Open Passing