Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1992 Midnight Blue C2

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bearclaw I love it when you post someting....I never know what you say because my eyes just move to the cheerleader....I'm sure your smart and know a thing or two about porsches and 964's, but I'll never know. I think I have a vision condition which does not allow my eyes to move to the text portion of your postings....
Old 01-22-2010, 02:32 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

{mmmmm.... Tessa.....} <---- this not being OT because we were talking about... umm... "Smoking Women".
Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew911
I'm sure your smart and know a thing or two about porsches and 964's, ...
Hahaha, you give me way too much credit, my friend. I contribute almost nothing of value, I just like reading folks who do, and throwing in my own useless comments. But I have fun doing it!

Glad you like Tessa, most folks do so I leave her there.
I know nothing about her but I'm willing to bet that some parts have been replaced.
Would love to do a PPI if given the chance.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 152 Posts

At that price, BUY IT NOW!

My 944 was smoked in by the previous owner. I cleaned the carpets and seats, dash etc. The smell eventually went away after several months.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Me, I'd run the process the seller has requested. That you take the car for the weekend (or week) and check it out. If you push hard outside of her plan, it could backfire.

Could be burned carpets and seats, could need a rebuild ($7500 for upper alone), etc.

She obviously knows she's asking half price for the car. Have to wonder why...

So, why not follow the plan, take it home, have a PPI / leak down / compression test done, etc. It may be a great car, it may be a lemon. What does the CarFax / Auto Check on it say? Might have been in an accident at some point...
Old 01-22-2010, 04:19 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,352 Posts

I have to agree, never buy any used Porsche without a PPI, I don't care if you know the seller or not. These cars can easily cost big $$ to repair if they were not properly maintained. A well maintained 964 can last a long time but a poorly maintained car can cost plenty.

Even at $20K if you need engine work and a few minor repairs you can easily be well into $30k by the time your done.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd never keep another person's car for a week long test drive. I don't know if something's about to break and actually does on my watch....then you get into the situation of who's responsible and who's going to pay for it etc. I'd take it for a rip with the owner and then hand back the keys. If it's something I'm interested in, I'd arrange for the proper due diligence.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:40 PM
tom231
Intermediate

Everyone-I picked up the car this evening. The interior is PRISTINE, not a mark anywhere and it smells like leather!!

I asked the my friend, the seller, about her smoking, she stated "that is why I have the Suburban".

She did admit to sometimes having a smoke to work, ie...she lived a couple of miles from work, and maybe a smoke back home. She never used the lighter or ashtray in the car and always had the windows down.

On the exterior, there were a couple of very small scratches, I think they can be buffed out.

The midnight blue metallic exterior is stunning and the tan leather interior is too.

She added an Alpine stereo with Alpine amp, CD changer and ADS speakers. I just need to figure out how to use the stereo.

Service up to date, ie...30K Major service done at 32K miles. The car now has 43K miles with a couple of oil changes in between.

I am going to take the car to my paint guy and see what he can do with the scratches then I am going to put a Clear-Bra on the hood, mirrors and bumper.

Once I find my digital camera and learn how to post pics I will do this next week.

Thanks all for help, input and guidance!!! Talk to you soon. Tom
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tom231
Everyone-I picked up the car this evening. The interior is PRISTINE, not a mark anywhere and it smells like leather!!

I asked the my friend, the seller, about her smoking, she stated "that is why I have the Suburban".

She did admit to sometimes having a smoke to work, ie...she lived a couple of miles from work, and maybe a smoke back home. She never used the lighter or ashtray in the car and always had the windows down.

On the exterior, there were a couple of very small scratches, I think they can be buffed out.

The midnight blue metallic exterior is stunning and the tan leather interior is too.

She added an Alpine stereo with Alpine amp, CD changer and ADS speakers. I just need to figure out how to use the stereo.

Service up to date, ie...30K Major service done at 32K miles. The car now has 43K miles with a couple of oil changes in between.

I am going to take the car to my paint guy and see what he can do with the scratches then I am going to put a Clear-Bra on the hood, mirrors and bumper.

Once I find my digital camera and learn how to post pics I will do this next week.

Thanks all for help, input and guidance!!! Talk to you soon. Tom
Congratulations! Welcome to the club. If you do not post pics you will be banned.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a great story - good for you!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:16 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Good news, it doesn't stink.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me their impression of the 964, ie...driving, handling, feeling, etc...compared to the 87 to 89 3.2s.
Ok Tom, now give us you impression of the 964... like it?

Awesome story... the car and you both found each other!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great story, I love knowing there are still examples of these cars out there like this one.

Midnight Blue/Cashmere? Absolutely dee-lish combo.

I think I missed it - is this a coupe/targa/cab?

Congrats!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:10 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club!! That must be a very nice car!!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
tom231
Intermediate

Taking car in for PPI tomorrow. Will let you know how things turn out.

The car is a coupe. thanks, Tom

Quick Reply: 1992 Midnight Blue C2