Sponsored by:

90 Cab Rear Deck Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:18 PM
tommyz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 Cab Rear Deck Question

Hi. I am trying to put in an anchor point for my daughter's booster in my cab. I have read the threads about installing a car seat anchor but for my situation it would be better to put the anchor on the flat / horizontal part of the deck where the speakers would normally be in a coupe. The problem is that when I look at the underside of the deck there is a "bump" in the deck and I am not sure what is for. I don't want to drill through something important. :-) Does anyone know what this is? I attached a picture of the area I am talking about. I appreciate any help.

If I can make it all come together and feel good about the safety level, I'll post pics but for now I am just playing with an idea. --Tommy
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2010, 05:30 PM
vasculardoc
Instructor

Hi Tommy,
I'll take some pictures with measurements of my cab with anchor points and post them when I have a minute. There are threaded holes in the flat deck for this purpose - the main pain is that the anchor point is covered when the cab is down - means the anchor strap has to be long and held down in a U shape by the cab roof - also the anchor point tends to bend a little bleb in the cab window whcih is a bit unsightly.
Will do some pics in the next few days.

Mark
Old 01-16-2010, 05:33 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

thats your sound proofing hanging down.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:55 PM
tommyz
Intermediate

Mark - that would be great. I have tried to find them but can't. I tried to poke around where I thought they should be from looking at pics from other posts. I don't want to tear everything up trying to find them. I had read that some 90 models may not have them too but I can't say that for sure.

Jim - I just had the engine out and the sound proofing replaced. When I push on the "bubble" it is solid underneath. There has to be something there. ????
Old 01-17-2010, 06:46 PM
vasculardoc
Instructor

Hi Tommy,

I've tried to get the measurements visible. Hope this helps. I ended up taking mine to a motor trimmers and they did it but they seemed to know exactly where to go to put the holes. My car is a 90 C4 cab so they are there in the 1990 cars

Hope it works out for you - the only reason I was allowed my car was because it would fit a car seat !

The guy who had it before me actually made a bracket that went across between the two seat back mounts (hump and outer mounting point) that he attached his anchor points to. I didn't use it as the rules are different in South Australia and I needed to have anchor points for compliance reasons - but it worked fine and I can show you some photos of that system as well if you like.

Cheers,

Mark
Attached Images      
Old 01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
vasculardoc
Instructor

and one last photo
Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:55 PM
RichieRoo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Tommy

I believe the dish/bubble you mentioned is a recess for the rear windscreen
wiper motor - not used on our cabs as we have plastic screens.

I've attached some photos so that you can see what lies beneath.

Rich
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 90 Cab Rear Deck Question