Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight Flywheel Damaged in Shipping - 3 times!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dehavens
The last flywheel he shipped was packed in 4 boxes and each one had bubble wrap around it. Even the outside of the last box had bubble wrap around it. This thing was packed to where it could have been dropped off a 2 story building and not be damaged. The outside of the box was not damaged nor were any of the interior boxes. In my opinion, it was damaged before they packed it and sent it to me.
That last packaging was impressive...looked to be virtually indestructible.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:48 PM
dehavens
Advanced

I just received the flywheel from Sunset and it was undamaged and looked great. Also, it was just packed in one box with a little bit of bubble wrap. No where near the padding that the previous three had.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:38 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott is too nice of a guy. As an FYI, the 3 damaged flywheels came from msroadrace. The final one, which went in the car Saturday, came from Sunset and was perfect, even with minimal packaging.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:08 PM
dehavens
Advanced

Originally Posted by onefstm
Scott is too nice of a guy. As an FYI, the 3 damaged flywheels came from msroadrace. The final one, which went in the car Saturday, came from Sunset and was perfect, even with minimal packaging.
The name of the company is actually Road & Race out of Los Angeles, CA. Their Ebay ID is msroadrace. They finally refunded my money.

Quick Reply: Lightweight Flywheel Damaged in Shipping - 3 times!?