Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOR SALE: MINT 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet w/ only 10,200 miles!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:56 PM
bic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FOR SALE: MINT 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet w/ only 10,200 miles!

I am conducting the sale of this car via an eBay auction with NO RESERVE that will conclude on Thursday December 17, 2009 at 9:00pm EST. That said, I welcome reasonable offers. There is much more information and many more pictures of this car on the auction page, which can be accessed here:

Overview
This is a 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet in Guards Red with black leather interior, black canvas top, and Tiptronic transmission located in Orlando, Florida. This is an extremely low mileage car, as it has only 10,200 miles on it, everything about it is 100% stock and original, and it has stayed in the same family since it was purchased in 1990.

It still features the original Design 90 16" alloy rims, flag mirrors, Porsche crest floor mats, etc. Nothing about this car has ever been modified. In fact, the only things that have been changed on this car are the tires. They were replaced on November 9, 2006 with Goodyear Eagle F1's that perform marvelously and have just about 4,500 miles under them.

The rest of the car is in pristine condition and looks as if it just came straight out of the showroom. This 911 runs perfectly and despite being almost a 19 year old car with such low mileage, it has never experience any major mechanical, electrical, or leak problems. The cabriolet's soft-top is still a deep black and its color has not faded, nor has the plastic rear window been damaged by the sun. Since the top was rarely put down for long periods of time and never left in the retracted position overnight, it is still in mint condition. The interior is immaculate, spotless, scratch-less, and shows hardly any wear at all. The Guards Red paint is deep and rich, and there is not a single dent on the car. The only area of issue on the exterior is the rear bumper, which features a couple of scratches from when this car belonged to my grandfather and his initials are monogrammed onto each door. The vehicle has never been tracked, involved in an accident, or smoked in.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,426 Likes on 2,699 Posts
Default TOO BAD ITS A TIPTRONIC

nice find but tiptronic not very desireable for most...there seem to be alot of tiptronic low mileage cars around...i assume perhaps these were originally purchased by older drivers who didn't use them much...there was a beautiful silver/black '93 cabriolet with 15K miles here in seattle but unfortuneately it was a tip or i would have bought it...i think it sold for $22K
Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by groovzilla
nice find but tiptronic not very desireable
I keep telling him that the reason it is not selling is because "destiny" is telling him to keep it... This car puts ours to shame... it is in new-like condition. But he is young and into the newer style cars... so this one went back to his dad and he got a Boxster.

Such a shame to sell it... I saw it again not too long ago during a local monthly car meeting.

Any how, agreed. Only reason it is still around is because it is a tip (well, and initially, the asking price)... a manual tranny would have sold long time ago.

Best of luck this time around.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:09 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,426 Likes on 2,699 Posts

i wonder how difficult and whether it would be worth it to someone to install and manual transmission in a car like this?

i was just wondering how difficult a job like that would be and how it would effect the overall value considering it is such a beautiful example (even though its not silver)
Old 12-11-2009, 02:16 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

What a beauty.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

That thing has been 4sale for a LONG time?!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
bic
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wachuko
I keep telling him that the reason it is not selling is because "destiny" is telling him to keep it... This car puts ours to shame... it is in new-like condition. But he is young and into the newer style cars... so this one went back to his dad and he got a Boxster.

Such a shame to sell it... I saw it again not too long ago during a local monthly car meeting.

Any how, agreed. Only reason it is still around is because it is a tip (well, and initially, the asking price)... a manual tranny would have sold long time ago.

Best of luck this time around.
Thanks but the reason why I stopped driving the 964 is not because I'm young (27) and prefer newer cars-- it's because I felt guilty for using such an old and pristine, ultra-low mileage car as a daily driver. I made myself make the decision-- either keep the car indefinitely, drive it daily, and make a few aesthetic mods to it (aero mirrors, ET brake light delete, etc.) or try to preserve it. I chose B and traded cars with my parents so they could use the 964 occasionally as a weekend car and I could have a car that I wouldn't feel guilty about putting miles on.

You have to understand...I was in love with THIS car since I saw it in my grandfather's garage when I was 8 years old and grew up seeing it in perfect condition all the time. I've been overly protective of it for sentimental reasons and that's why even though the car's been "for sale" over the last couple of years, we haven't been very aggressive in trying to move it. Now, however, my parents really don't have a need for a 3rd car so they want to sell this one (and another) to get a newer, more practical 2nd car.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:35 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I will echo Jaime. It is a very nice car.
BIC I thought you moved out of the area?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Jonnygo1
Pro

Drive it and enjoy it! You only live once.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
bic
Instructor

^ mmm...Brooke Burke. I used to have that image as my wallpaper about 9 years ago so I'm a big fan of that avatar!

Originally Posted by jimq
I will echo Jaime. It is a very nice car.
BIC I thought you moved out of the area?
Thanks, Jim. Yeah, I moved to Miami about 4 years ago but my folks still live in Orlando so I'm up there pretty frequently. I brought the 964 around to a couple of the last Cars & Cafe meets, which is where Jaime saw the car recently.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
dan79brooklyn
Advanced

Cool car.

Strange combination that it is a Tipronic but has Sport Seats in a cabrio.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 AM
mojo747
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone was looking for a tip recently. 1971 911T
Old 12-13-2009, 03:05 PM
bic
Instructor

Originally Posted by dan79brooklyn
Cool car.

Strange combination that it is a Tipronic but has Sport Seats in a cabrio.
...and I'm so glad it was optioned with the sport seats. They're so comfortable, look great, and do a fantastic job of keeping you in place!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by bic
...You have to understand...I was in love with THIS car since I saw it in my grandfather's garage when I was 8 years old and grew up seeing it in perfect condition all the time. I've been overly protective of it for sentimental reasons and that's why even though the car's been "for sale" over the last couple of years, we haven't been very aggressive in trying to move it. Now, however, my parents really don't have a need for a 3rd car so they want to sell this one (and another) to get a newer, more practical 2nd car.
Too bad you can't just keep it stored until you have the means to afford both... very nice car and with all that sentimental value it is a shame to be selling it.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Warpig
Pro

KEEP IT! DRIVE IT! LIVE IT! Live that love affair you started when you were 8 years old. I am the first in my family to own a Porsche, I fell in love in the early eighty's... (but I'm 11 years older than you). If it were may grandfathers car and was as pristine as it is and I ended up with it someone would have to pry the keys out of my rigor mortised cold dead hands with a flat blade screwdriver.

Drive the car. don't feel bad about it. Drive it into the ground and then restore it and continue the love affair. Wait until your son falls in love with it.

I'm just sayin'

Nick

Quick Reply: FOR SALE: MINT 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet w/ only 10,200 miles!