etom
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_C...ributes=photos,,
Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Tuscany964
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do it but only for a 3.6, otherwise I would sell the cobra and mod the c2.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tuscany964
I would do it but only for a 3.6, otherwise I would sell the cobra and mod the c2.
+1 on the 3.6. Yes, I would sell the Cobra (sorry, the world is awash in Cobra's - but very few 965's), but you've been bitten by the Turbo bug and if you mod your C2, you will still find yourself wanting a Turbo.

But be really careful, I'm afraid Porsche Turbo's have always been paired with original owners with more money than sense (rock stars, professional athletes, corporate embezzlers, etc.), who just think it's another thing to grab with their new-found wealth. The car ends up being the epitome of "rode hard and put away wet". They also have a high likelihood of having been wrapped around a light pole or shot through the apex of a drainage ditch. Tracing the provenance, the maintenance and repair history and getting a really good PPI would be doubly important.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
You are a serious buyer, not a tire kicker. If you attend a local PCA meet and greet someone will let you have a turbo ride, or maybe a drive. If no turbos show up, I bet someone knows someone that can help you. Porsche people are really good people.
Yes....Porsche people are excellent...and so are you as well as we have had previous forum discussions....

I have to transfer to the Peachstate region (Georgia) from the NNJPCA region... and start mingling...

I think springtime will be a better time to sell the Cobra and the Carrera but a bad time to buy their replacement..
Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
+1 on the 3.6. Yes, I would sell the Cobra (sorry, the world is awash in Cobra's - but very few 965's), but you've been bitten by the Turbo bug and if you mod your C2, you will still find yourself wanting a Turbo.

But be really careful, I'm afraid Porsche Turbo's have always been paired with original owners with more money than sense (rock stars, professional athletes, corporate embezzlers, etc.), who just think it's another thing to grab with their new-found wealth. The car ends up being the epitome of "rode hard and put away wet". They also have a high likelihood of having been wrapped around a light pole or shot through the apex of a drainage ditch. Tracing the provenance, the maintenance and repair history and getting a really good PPI would be doubly important.
Yes...you are right in every aspect....That is the problem with with Cobra's, Vette's, Mustang's....most of them have been beaten the hell out of and then put up for sale before the major problems set in.....

I was lucky to find mine in an 8 to 9 scale
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 AM
cobracarrera
Pro

Thank You for the post Etom...I am not ready yet to buy...I need to sell first...Still undecided...

I get very attached to my things....
Old 12-04-2009, 01:52 AM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

And to see what is also out there at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...ht_1635wt_1121

Quick Reply: Sell 1990 C2 & 2004 Cobra for a 965