Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by d964
Just picked up some paint stripper.
Striping to bare metal and take it from there.
Hey Ilko, good to hear from you buddy.
How's the baby? When you NEED sleep, the best remedy is Nyquil.
Dwane
I concur with the rest, DO NOT use paint stripper! Just regular strippers after you're done with the job

The baby is good - growing so fast! I haven't tried Nyquil, I still have the ear plugs that are left over from my RSA. That exhaust was too much at times, hehe. I can't hear a thing with them now. Peaceful bliss at night
Old 11-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Silver

Hi,

Based on a thread found somewhere on Rennlist I painted a set of RSA wheels with Plastikote Toyota #5733. I used a medium gray sandable primer, then a couple coats of color followed by a couple coats of clear coat. The color came out a tiny bit darker and the metal flake bigger as compared side-by-side to an OEM wheel and the center cap.

I did find that sandable primers work pretty well for filling scratches and are easier to finish than icing (the body filler I used).

If doing this again, I'd probably try one of the German paints - the Wurth or Einzett - or have a paint supplier mix based on the OEM color.

Question...does anyone know the OEM color code for BBS wheels? I did some web searches and can't find it. Some jobber shops can mix small QTY of paint in rattle cans or pints, which may be a good way to go.

Thanks,
Dan.

Quick Reply: painting wheels