elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

T-34 (soviet)
Old 11-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new hard brake lines did not arrive today so my brake overhaul will have to wait, i guess I'll be sweeping leaves this weekend as well
I do have season one of The Wire to watch if the weather is typically Irish.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you may of read in another thread that I have had some rubbing issues since I put larger spacers on the front of the car. I had planned to swap them for some slightly smaller ones tomorrow but the weather is meant to be awful so I took advantage of the blue skies this afternoon and disappeared from work for the afternoon to get it done. An afternoon of not working and no more rubbing even at full lock so was well worth it. Also got an unexpected financial award from work today for some good work on a recent project so I can even make a head start on the parts list I want ready for a respray in March \ April, so far it stands at:

- Turbo S style rear spoiler
- Front lip spoiler
- New front wheel arch liners - £250 a side
- Brake light spoiler
- Front brake ducts
- New headlights (currently has LHD ones in)
- H&R Springs
- New seals & rubbers

Would like a set of 993 door handles as well but they are so expensive for what they are that I might have to do without. Am surprised noone has made an aftermarket version, or have they???
Old 11-21-2009, 07:25 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 964 seems to have entered winter mode, so I've not used it this week (or for a few weeks now).

I put new tyres on the turbo this week - got rid of the horrible horrible Pirelli's and fitted Michelin PS2s. The car is transformed, and is much more fun to drive.

I also fitted a bluetooth module that connects to the CD port / aux in of the head unit, which allows me to stream music from my phone. However, this has turned out to be a disappointment. It doesn't auto pair - which means I have to manually pair the phone each time (which means the cable connection I already had was simpler). In addition, I discovered today that I get some interference - a slight whistling / whining noise which is hardly noticeable around town - but very noticeable out of town as engine speed increases. So perhaps I'll stick with the cable connection I used before.

Turbo was dropped back to the dealer I bought it from today, so they can sort out the fact that the coolant level drops (max to min in 500 miles). I was given a Merc CLK (10 years old) as a courtesy car. I truly hate it, and it really makes me appreciate the turbo and the 964 more!

Oh - and I managed to kerb one of my wheels this morning.

Quick Reply: Friday folley