Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&R Reds - I know, I know

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 05:46 PM
maxterrier
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered reds to change my greens over Bilstein HD this week, a new H&R adjustable sway bars too, 24mm front and 26 mm rear.
I felt the car a bit in the soft side in the last track, it's time to change.

I'll post my impressions too.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by maxterrier
I've ordered reds to change my greens over Bilstein HD this week, a new H&R adjustable sway bars too, 24mm front and 26 mm rear.
I felt the car a bit in the soft side in the last track, it's time to change.

I'll post my impressions too.
I would love to know the difference you feel on track when you're done.
Dwane
Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Duck
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am halfway done going Red and Koni's. Rears are done, now got to get the Koni cartridges for the front.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I am always a bit challenged by these threads - only because "feel" is so subjective. Not only is it up to my butt and my butt alone to determine how a given spring set feels - my perception of "stiff" will change over time.

What felt "nice" on the road early on to me now feels uselessly soft. What feels "right" to me now - typically jars the fillings from passengers' teeth.

I recall borrowing a road car to run a little TSD rally (albeit over some tricky, twisty winter roads) and thought to myself in the odo check section, "Hmmm, stock WRX suspension isn't too bad".

Three hundred meters or so into the first "quick" section and I was HATING life. The car would not stay on the road - becuase I was boucing up and down so much and bottoming the suspension. So even in the SAME car - same day - but asking different things of the suspension - my impression changed.

All this is to say - you just have to do as you've done - pull the trigger and see for yourself.

RK
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 AM
maxterrier
Track Day

Originally Posted by d964
I would love to know the difference you feel on track when you're done.
Dwane
Finally i'll install the springs next week, i was waiting for other parts for my brakes: stainless steal hoses, castrol gtx and ebc yellow track pads.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 AM
maxterrier
Track Day

I've installed the reds and i would like ta say that i am disapointed with it, the improvement over the greens are little, only a few stiff more, less that the numbers say.

I must to try the car in tracks next weeks, but in normal driving in my local roads i don't feel the car that i'm looking for.

Quick Reply: H&R Reds - I know, I know