Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 RUF BTR stage lll

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are more RUF's in the US than there are in Canada.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice car. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Porsche

If you are ever out and about in the car swing by my place to say hi and I will help you to better understand exactly what parts are on your car. I might also be able to offer some advice to make it run better

Rob
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tuner1
Nice car. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Porsche

If you are ever out and about in the car swing by my place to say hi and I will help you to better understand exactly what parts are on your car. I might also be able to offer some advice to make it run better

Rob
Hey Rob,

Do you stock Ruf parts or are you an authorized Ruf dealer?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine11
Hey Rob,

Do you stock Ruf parts or are you an authorized Ruf dealer?
RUF in Texas is the only direct agent in the US & Canada. I have sold many RUF parts at the request of customers.

Last edited by Tuner1; 11-09-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: word
Old 10-26-2011, 07:35 PM
lromanosky
Instructor

I just bought this car from Chris.

I had a 85 RUF BTR, a conversion on a 1985 Euro 930 done at Ruf Western America in 1987. It was Black/Black photos and videos are on my website www.vintageandsportscar.com. Funnily enough, it sold to a guy in the Nethelands earlier this year, same place as this car was from.

I never quite got over the way my Black RUF accellerated, and generally misbehaved, so I tracked down this one as fun winter project to sort out and re-sell or keep...

From what I gather the car was originally a 1979 California 911 SC, that was shipped to RUF in Germany in 1991 with 78,000km and given a full conversion to BTR III specs for a cost of 120,000DM (about $80k usd at the time which would have bought you a new 928 S4).

A guy named Gosse Stielstra, NL who was/is an amature Porsche racer commissioned the car.

Conversion included:
3.4L single turbo BTR 408PS engine with Motronic, Intercooler etc.
Modified G50 transmission with locking differential
330mm front and rear brakes with RUF/Brembo calipers and Turbo suspension
Body modifications to '964' turbo including shaved gutters (!)
Full RUF instrumentation
Special Grey leather interior
Roll cage with Sabelt harnesses and fire extinguisher
Ruf 17" wheels, Yokohama street tires and Pirelli Cup slicks.

The documentation is sparce, but it looks like Stielstra kept the car until at least 1998 and put at least 61,00km on it. It sold to a Dr. Nonkes in NL at some point and it looks like it came to Canada in 2009 with 67,000km on it.

Chris bought it, and replaced some sensors for the Motronic to get the car running properly.

So it came to me with just under 68,000km still not running very well. I took the engine out of the car, took the plugs out, and inspected the bores, which were thankfully fine. Plugs were all fine, only one was a bit oily. The Turbo did have a lot of oil in it, and the vanes didn't turn as freely as it should, so it is being rebuilt. I placed an order for injectors, wires, plugs, rotor, dist cap etc.

The paint is quite bad, with masking marks and small imperfections, so the plan is to treat the car to a glass out, bumpers and trim off, bare metal respray this winter.

I just bought grey 996 GT3 fixed shell seats to replace the terrible 'Cobra' ones that are in it. And I got some 3" Sabelt harnesses for it.

It needs brakes, tires, some work to the dash and the usual 'while you're in there's'...

If anybody knows more about the car, I would be interested in hearing from them, Lromanosky@me.com.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Calgary, Canada

Quick Reply: 92 RUF BTR stage lll