Sponsored by:

Exhausted, but it's Friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhausted, but it's Friday

Well, was supposed to be on a flight at 6:30 last night to arrive in Mke at 11:55. We arrived at 5:55am today They apparently had many mechanical issues that they had to swap planes around all day yesterday and put our flight off by 6 hrs. Only good thing is I got a voucher for a free round trip for all my trouble.

Doubt I'll do anything Porsche this weekend. I have to move my mom 125 miles, but I have to drive an empty truck 125 miles first, load the truck, then drive 125 back to her apartment. Moving on 3 hrs just sucks and I can feel disaster
Old 10-30-2009, 10:45 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plenty of Porsche action for us this weekend with twenty 964s all taking to the track for a bit of fun
Old 10-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Not sure I will have any time for the 964's this weekend. On Wed night, I discovered a water drip in my basement. It appears to be coming from the door way leading onto my new deck. I need to get this stopped ASAP before it damages my hardwood flooring. I'm thinking for starters, I will recaulk around the doorway and also install a storm door. Ultimately, I may need to have rain gutters installed to route the water away from this area.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

probably no time this weekend. Have to take the boat out tomorrow then sunday is supposed to rain, but did drive the car to work today!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:05 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Plenty of Porsche action for us this weekend with twenty 964s all taking to the track for a bit of fun
^Teaser!

I have to get the car ship shape this weekend. Put a door back together (again), replace the other door speaker, replace calipers, bleed brakes, wash and wax… All systems must be 100%

Next weekend I am taking the Pcar on vacation to Boston. Is it a bad thing to go on vacation with your car?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:28 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Blue I took mine to Maine. Only bad thing was I worried every where I parked it... Had to have the perfect spot..
Old 10-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Already started my Porsche things for the weekend as I had the day off today. Larger spacers fitted front and rear to fill the arches better and gave the car a quick wash. Also went to a local body shop for a quote for a few bits and pieces I want done plus a full respray, cheaper than I was expecting so watch this space...
Old 10-30-2009, 01:40 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
Blue I took mine to Maine. Only bad thing was I worried every where I parked it... Had to have the perfect spot..
I am not even thinking about the parking aspect yet. La la la I am pretending there is plenty of parking miles away from all other cars, la la la.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:51 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
^Teaser!

I have to get the car ship shape this weekend. Put a door back together (again), replace the other door speaker, replace calipers, bleed brakes, wash and wax… All systems must be 100%

Next weekend I am taking the Pcar on vacation to Boston. Is it a bad thing to go on vacation with your car?
No it's a good thing. Driving by day and refreshment by night

Oh...and pics of our 20 x 964 track day will appear here:

UK sprint trackday

when we're back
Old 10-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Shack2112
Advanced

Perhaps a little fun this weekend with the car, if the weather holds up as it should.
This will be probably the last weekend but I think I said the same thing last weekend. Who knows with good ole mother nature.

1990 964 C4 aka "Baby"
Old 10-30-2009, 02:47 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I did my Porsche related project last night replacing the 2 servo motors for the heater flaps. I drove to work this morning and they are working as new. I raised and lowered the temp a few times and it would go on and off like its suppose to. Looks like winter is finally going to be here next week. The highs are only going to be in the 80's. Around Christmas I can give the heat its first real test
Old 10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Doing one last track day at Putnam Park on Sunday before the snow flies. Morning temps at 36F, high at 56F and sunny. May take a while to warm up the tires. Tomorrow I will flush the brake fluid, and check everything over. I am debating whether to swap in my Recaro seats and harnesses and harness bar. Now that I have it all set up, it is actually pretty easy to swap them out.

I need to spend some time on my heating system - acting goofy. some days the right heat mix servo works, other days it sticks wide open. But, the rear fan is intermittent whether it wants to run in low speed. Luckily, I have a parts car to swap out some stuff and see what happens.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,916 Likes on 2,904 Posts

had to photograph this doll head for joke-post i uploaded on 993 forum regarding los angeles parts dismantler thread

i couldn't resist
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2009, 06:16 PM
KLVA
Burning Brakes

Default Summit Point DE

Going to the last DE of the Potomac PCA region season at Summit Point, Sat and Sun.. It has been a long and strange year for me and my Porsche affliction. Started out with my dream car two years ago...1988 Porsche 928 S4 auto...went to a one day HPDC ( High Performance Driving Course ) in early April...went great ...got hooked...was not available to sign up again til the Aug DE 3 day PorscheFest events...Trans massively overheated and stayed in 3rd ...had to withdraw..stayed for the other stuff...Vets on the Track from Walter Reed and Bethesda....I think I had as much fun as the Vets and Instructors !! tried to decide what to do ...wanted to keep on doing track days...just had the wrong car !!....2 weeks later I TRADED my 928 for a 1991 964 C2 5 speed..rebuilt motor and prepped for the track....signed up again for the Sept 26th HPDC rained all afternoon and so now I will be able to get on the track for this last DE of the season and finally be in the right car..........
Old 10-30-2009, 06:26 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kevbolacy
Going to the last DE of the Potomac PCA region season at Summit Point, Sat and Sun.. It has been a long and strange year for me and my Porsche affliction. Started out with my dream car two years ago...1988 Porsche 928 S4 auto...went to a one day HPDC ( High Performance Driving Course ) in early April...went great ...got hooked...was not available to sign up again til the Aug DE 3 day PorscheFest events...Trans massively overheated and stayed in 3rd ...had to withdraw..stayed for the other stuff...Vets on the Track from Walter Reed and Bethesda....I think I had as much fun as the Vets and Instructors !! tried to decide what to do ...wanted to keep on doing track days...just had the wrong car !!....2 weeks later I TRADED my 928 for a 1991 964 C2 5 speed..rebuilt motor and prepped for the track....signed up again for the Sept 26th HPDC rained all afternoon and so now I will be able to get on the track for this last DE of the season and finally be in the right car..........
That IS a good year! Plan for VIR next year.

Quick Reply: Exhausted, but it's Friday