Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM
darth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if it's just me (ie. and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this) but whenever I wave to someone driving one of those newer technically superior cars that kinda looks like a 911, they don't generally return the gesture and seem a bit preoccupied with driving. Unlike me with my elbow on the window sill, window open - weather permitting or not. I can't believe it's a superiority/ego thing and they're snubbing me or that my 20 year old 964 is somehow inferior to their $60k+ dream machine, as that would just be wrong - tell me I'm not wrong. So I've come to the conclusion, and I can't help but think, that they're thinking, had they settled for a fraction of a second less in their 0 to 60 time and a top speed they can't legally realize - just like me, they might be bit more receptive to my gester and smiling just as much as the person waving at them in what looks like a real 911. At the same time, saved themselves a s*** load of $'s and worries that come with driving or parking such a vehicle.

Doesn't mean I don't want one though and I can dream
Bill
90C2

PS Oh and I'm sure Jim and Dave would wave back cause I know where they're coming from!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by darth
I'm not sure if it's just me (ie. and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this) but whenever I wave to someone driving one of those newer technically superior cars that kinda looks like a 911, they don't generally return the gesture and seem a bit preoccupied with driving. Unlike me with my elbow on the window sill, window open - weather permitting or not. I can't believe it's a superiority/ego thing and they're snubbing me or that my 20 year old 964 is somehow inferior to their $60k+ dream machine, as that would just be wrong - tell me I'm not wrong. So I've come to the conclusion, and I can't help but think, that they're thinking, had they settled for a fraction of a second less in their 0 to 60 time and a top speed they can't legally realize - just like me, they might be bit more receptive to my gester and smiling just as much as the person waving at them in what looks like a real 911. At the same time, saved themselves a s*** load of $'s and worries that come with driving or parking such a vehicle.

Doesn't mean I don't want one though and I can dream
Bill
90C2

PS Oh and I'm sure Jim and Dave would wave back cause I know where they're coming from!
I always snub lesser Porsches when I drive my Turbo. I feel an air of superiority being in a much more advanced car and refuse to waste a good wave
Shot the water cooled wont even wave back to me when in the TT. Around my area you can wear yourself out waving with all the Porsches on the road.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 PM
darth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I was wrong, surely "Dave would wave" or at least nod! Maybe I should impune a whole nation of newer 911 tubo owners
Old 10-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought at 997TT today so I wouldn't have to wave anymore!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hit the "post quick reply" button too soon...

I meant to say:

Bought a 997TT today so I wouldn't have to wave anymore!

Quick Reply: 2010 Turbo