Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Island NY guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009 | 09:42 AM
964speed
Pro

Originally Posted by Stephencs601
To my new friends, old ones, and to Jay for hosting the event; it was great. I hope we can do at least one or two more before winter sets in. Anyone in for a Nov 22nd run? Can call my client in Sag Harbor as an ending point. Also, wives, girlfriends whoever included. What say you all.
AS a side note two fearrari 430's showed up around 2:30 ish - man what a sound those cars make!
Old 10-26-2009 | 10:01 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

I had a great time, and I agree we need to do a drive before the weather forces some of us into hibernation for the winter. Nov. 22 sounds good to me.

Next time let's try to avoid the confusion of the exact place and time.
Old 10-26-2009 | 10:07 AM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

964 speed I saw that as I was leaving they pulled in and went past Jay's so i turned around and left. I guess they came back. Wish I stayed now. They did sound great.
Old 10-26-2009 | 10:07 AM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

divot lol I should of keyed your car!! lol
Old 10-26-2009 | 10:39 AM
964speed
Pro

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
divot lol I should of keyed your car!! lol
LOL
Old 01-23-2010 | 04:45 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Any of you guys know this car or recommend a shop for a PPI. TIA...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old 01-23-2010 | 05:46 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

BUMP

here is what I believe the old HOLT listing for the car mentioned above...

still waitng on a callback from the seller...

http://www.holtmotorsports.com/carimages.php?vin=411405

TIA
Old 01-23-2010 | 10:07 PM
964speed
Pro

If you like I can swing by Roslyn Porsche and check the car out - as for as recommendation for a PPI - I would use Jay Gianetti - Great Guy - PM me I can send you his info
Old 01-24-2010 | 12:30 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

A former Holt car for $15,000. Purchased just two years ago. I wonder how well the current owner has taken care of this car? The car sounds trashed... plus, a car ad with no pictures?

Hope it turns out to be a super deal!

(Ad text)
About This 911
Mileage: 78,000 Body Style: Coupe Exterior Color: White Interior Color: Black Engine: 6 Cylinders Transmission: Manual Drivetrain: 2WD Doors: 2 Get a CARFAX Record Check
Features: A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Fog Lights, CD Player, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof
Selling Points: Must sell ASAP: Will consider legitimate offers. Overall in excellent condition. Purchased two years ago from Holtmotorsports.com for $29,000 which was rated @ "9.5" on a scale from "1-10." Please check-out pictures from past purchases @ Holtmotorsports.com. Motivated seller.

Condition: Needs clutch and flywheel work, needs new driver's side electric window switch. Just needs buffing to smooth out some scratches and dings to be perfect. And very slight crack on left rear bumper: About an additional $300 to repair. Overall, this Porsche is an investment with many returns including financially.
Old 01-24-2010 | 12:36 AM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
A former Holt car for $15,000. Purchased just two years ago. I wonder how well the current owner has taken care of this car? The car sounds trashed... plus, a car ad with no pictures?

Hope it turns out to be a super deal!

(Ad text)
About This 911
Mileage: 78,000 Body Style: Coupe Exterior Color: White Interior Color: Black Engine: 6 Cylinders Transmission: Manual Drivetrain: 2WD Doors: 2 Get a CARFAX Record Check
Features: A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Fog Lights, CD Player, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof
Selling Points: Must sell ASAP: Will consider legitimate offers. Overall in excellent condition. Purchased two years ago from Holtmotorsports.com for $29,000 which was rated @ "9.5" on a scale from "1-10." Please check-out pictures from past purchases @ Holtmotorsports.com. Motivated seller.

Condition: Needs clutch and flywheel work, needs new driver's side electric window switch. Just needs buffing to smooth out some scratches and dings to be perfect. And very slight crack on left rear bumper: About an additional $300 to repair. Overall, this Porsche is an investment with many returns including financially.
Agreed. In two years, the former 9.5 car now needs tranny work, a new window switch and buffing to get some scratches and dings (how do you buff out a ding???) as well as a cracked bumper? Sounds like complete neglect and would signal an owner who didn't or couldn't provide proper care. May mean other things were neglected too.
Old 01-24-2010 | 12:54 AM
Crank
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nine11
Agreed. In two years, the former 9.5 car now needs tranny work, a new window switch and buffing to get some scratches and dings (how do you buff out a ding???) as well as a cracked bumper? Sounds like complete neglect and would signal an owner who didn't or couldn't provide proper care. May mean other things were neglected too.
It says clutch work, not tranny work. Big difference. Don't 964's have known flywheel issues?

Window switches are notorious for being ****ty on 964's.

Cracked bumper, well, who knows where that came from?

Seems like you're leaping to big conclusions without any real knowledge of the car.
Old 01-24-2010 | 01:01 AM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys - I agree that we need to see pics of the actual car in its current state. I'll need to get the car to a shop that knows 964 cars to do the formal PPI but in the meantime I will find out the location and let you all know if someone can take a preliminary look at the car. TIA.
Old 01-24-2010 | 01:11 AM
Crank
Intermediate

Has anyone actually seen this car or talked to the seller?
Old 01-24-2010 | 01:12 AM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Crank
It says clutch work, not tranny work. Big difference. Don't 964's have known flywheel issues?

Window switches are notorious for being ****ty on 964's.

Cracked bumper, well, who knows where that came from?

Seems like you're leaping to big conclusions without any real knowledge of the car.
Clutch and flywheel. Cracked bumper, scratches and dings. Sounds like it's been in neglect since it was purchased from Holt. If it's a small thing, most owners would be on top of it to fix...especially small things like a window switch, a bumper cover, or some elbow grease to polish up the car....especially one he/she paid top dollar for (again, a 9.5 car originally). Do you think an owner who would not detail a car or fix up a small item like the window switch would actually take care of the big things that would go wrong on a 911? Look at it this way, small stuff neglected, a bigger thing like clutch and flywheel went, and it too isn't addressed...maybe the engine needs a rebuild too....when you see a car with small things unaddressed, the big things are most certainly neglected too. I don't know the car nor do I want to, but you can also learn to read between the lines. I may be wrong, but I am a guy who's more suspicious than I am trusting when it comes to business transactions. If I were looking to buy this car, I'd approach it very cautiously. I am not saying it's not worth buying, but I'm saying all signs points to a neglecting owner (by choice or by circumstance).
Old 01-24-2010 | 01:20 AM
Crank
Intermediate

I think you're hyping it up without any knowledge of the car. What do you care? You're not going to buy it.

Quick Reply: Long Island NY guys