Sponsored by:

Help- Need photo/diagram of seat gear mechanism

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
kkozski
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help- Need photo/diagram of seat gear mechanism

Problem: seat switch not moving seat back. Isolated this as switch problem. Would manually move back. Motor and wiring working both directions- reversed wires. Used all your good info in many threads to get this far and was planning to take switch apart and clean it up.

Problem #2= now more immediate problem: Mr. Get-a-bigger-hammer, my husband, did not heed my advice to let me manually move seat back further so he would fit in, and he somehow totally effed up the white, nylon gears.

Doesn't look look they are necessary stripped, but the horizontal one was completely displaced and jammed. I was able to gently (I wish he knew the definition of that word) loosen it up, but I can't tell if a clip slipped or what. It feels like it is free floating.

What I need is to see how it is supposed to look. Anyone have a picture or diagram? I searched many threads with no luck. Also if the gears are stripped, does anyone have repair instructions?

I successfully fixed a window switch yesterday. THANKS for all the detailed instructions for that. I think I can sort this out with a visual and some guidance.

Maybe when I get this all fixed, I will move the seat into my position and disconnect the motor and manual adjustment. Then only I will be able to drive the car!

Take care.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:43 PM
kkozski
AutoX

Doh, scratch all that. Wouldn't you know- I have 2 seats. Count them- TWO, and they are the same.

So, definitely the horizontal gear is displaced, and husband might not even be the culprit. Really, I am not a man/husband hater. He is just not very mechanical. Wonderful photographer- see profile pic.

Also discovered that those little gears don't matter for electric movement of seat. Once I got the white, nylon gear out of the way and reversed the wire, there is now backwards movement of the seat. Still have to fix the switch.

Now, I may "accidentally" move the seat forward and not tell him about the fix until I repair the switch, so I can hog all the drive time

Thanks for humoring a newbie. All your threads have given me the confidence to go poking around, and self discovery is an excellent teacher.

take care-
Old 09-14-2009, 06:11 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Well - welcome!! I saw your first post - and tried to find the pics in PET for you - but got sidetracked on something else - sorry about that!

Anyway - just wanted to say "Welcome" - and if your hubby figures out the seat switch thing - just remove the DME....

John D.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:36 PM
kkozski
AutoX

I know I probably shouldn't even ask, but what is a DME?

Also curious about PET- a manual of some kind? I am hoping for manuals for my bday next month. Used a couple of threads to build my wish list.

You guys use a lot of acronyms around here, and this is coming from someone working in healthcare. I suppose I will figure them out with time.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Alexx
Instructor

PET is a program with all diagrams and parts numbers..It will make your life much simpler Download it here and install it PAGE file is PET6.zip.

Cheers
Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..??http://dcauto.gotdns.com/illustration/index/475182913
Old 09-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by kkozski
I know I probably shouldn't even ask, but what is a DME?

Also curious about PET- a manual of some kind? I am hoping for manuals for my bday next month. Used a couple of threads to build my wish list.

You guys use a lot of acronyms around here, and this is coming from someone working in healthcare. I suppose I will figure them out with time.
DME stands for digital motronic electronics. Its the engine's computer which is located under the left hand side seat (driver seat in US).
Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
kkozski
AutoX

oh, whew, I thought maybe it was akin to blinker fluid.

Quick Reply: Help- Need photo/diagram of seat gear mechanism