Sponsored by:

What is the right price? 91 C4

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gmiz
I think that some of the cars, like Garretts might well be worth more given condition and the work done to it. I am not looking for perfect, but an concerned that $18 or $19k will get me a car that needs $10 in work.

I will get a PPI for sure but hoping not to buy a money pit! There is one locally for sale but it has almost 200,000 miles on it, so that is scaring me off .

Again, any leads or info would be appreciated. Thanks!
be prepared to travel or if located out of state likely a fellow rennlister will assist you in locating a good shop for a full p.p.i.

locate vehicles...either here on this forum or full craigslist search (do an all states search via craigslook) or e-bay....

have you determined what you are after (c2, c4, limited edition)??
Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Greg964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have one huge thing in your favor and that is your location. SoCal has the highest concentration of Porsches in the country plus the climate for preserving them.

I have had both and prefer the C2. It is lighter, feels a bit more agile, has sweeter steering and is less complex. Having said that I would buy on condition. BTW why have you excluded the 89 C4 in your search?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:08 PM
gmiz
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I ideally would like a C4, but will not rule out a nice C2. I actually started this quest looking for a 3.2/G50, and somehow got to the 964. Who nows, if the right 3.2 comes up, I may still go there too.

I actually like the styling better and some of the more modern features of the 964. I am also open to Coupe or Cab, really see advantages to both. Pretty broad criteria - should mean that I should have no real issues finding something, right? Well, I have been looking for a year, and more actively this summer, but...

Going back to the statement that SoCal is an advantage - I am finding that most of the cars I see that are of interest are not here, but in Northern Cali and a lot out east.

I am not too keen on to book flights to see a car, and don't want to buy without a drive, so I am trying to work things into my travel calender - thus my interest in the 91 C4 at Specialty Sales as I will be in San Fran this weekend.

I am a sales guy, and would really like to buy from someone as a referral, and who knows the car, or at least has some credibility.

The search is fun and will continue.

Quick Reply: What is the right price? 91 C4