Sponsored by:

Anyone using TWM Throttle Bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 01:12 PM
bobesser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Has anyone tried these from Hargett Precision Products? They can be made in any diameter a buyer calls out for throttle body and port and have thread in velocity stacks of your choice of length. Sealed ball bearings throughout. All CNC machined with cable throttle linkage.

http://www.hargettprecision.com/prod...roducts_id=133

At least the manifold is a straight shot.

Big question is could you fit these on a street car and still be legal (obd2) and drivable?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:26 PM
bug man nrg
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we was looking at this set up and the body's and backing plate fuel rails look like Jenvey body's the air filter piper cross the manifold we do not know but it looks good and that looks like a sweet price to
Mack

Originally Posted by NineMeister
In my experience there are possibilities to gain power with ITB's on a standard engine provided they are complemented by a suitable equal length header package and engine management system, however I can understand others being sceptical about the results because the degree of gain caught me by surprise.

My customer came in with stock 911 Carrera 3.2, we dyno it then remove the engine. In goes a 993 Varioram engine on 9m throttle bodies with 9m equal length headers and (of course) Motec engine management (on stock ignition system). The dyno results show the stock 3.2 engine in green (234hp), the 993 ITB engine in red & a similar motec equipped 993NVR engine for comparison. As can clearly be seen, the ITB & header package makes significantly more power at the top end at the sacrifice of a small amount of torque in the mid range, however the fun is cut short by the self-imposed 7000rpm rev limit.

The complete 9m ITB package including twin cable linkages, insulators, annodised CNC billet manifolds, throttle bodies, fuel rails, carbon air horns & air cleaners costs £2590 excluding shipping & taxes.

Quick Reply: Anyone using TWM Throttle Bodies?