Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail light differences?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009 | 05:23 PM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Default Tail light differences?

I am about to buy a new set of tail lights and center reflector, for the normal reasons of having some crazing and being faded pink, and am slightly confused about the differences between US and ROW models. I have a ROW model but understand that the indicators on the rear are supposed to be amber whereas US models are red?

Is there any difference in the center reflector between US and ROW models?

My preference is to purchase the red tail lights rather than amber.

TIA.
Old 08-06-2009 | 05:33 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Not to confuse the issue, but have you seen this vinyl kit for the 964? They actually stay red. Cheaper than replacement too.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...stimonial.html

No affiliation, I just thought it looked cool.
Old 08-06-2009 | 06:50 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

I believe the major difference between the two versions of the centre reflector is the inclusion of the rear fog lights in the RoW version. I believe they are not fitted in the US version.

The choice of amber or red indicators is likely to be a matter of local standards. In the UK, red indicators would be illegal and would fail the annual MOT test. In New Zealand it may be different.

Regards

Dave
Old 08-06-2009 | 11:34 PM
nirich
Rennlist Member

BlueHeeler: Thanks i have seen the thread and i am intending to do something similar with a candy apple red translucent vinyl on the new tail lights to give them a decent red look. I had painted my original lights, which colour wise look great, but the paint shows up the crazing. The final "get new ones" decision came when i cracked the center lights screw holes.

Computamedic: Red indicators are not an issue for our equivalent of your MOT, and i would prefer the red anyway. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-07-2009 | 04:12 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

I replaced mine last month. I purchased them from pelican parts and they look very nice. You can buy some additional seals, which I did but did not use. I will likely send the additional seals back unless anyone recommends that I use them.

Quick Reply: Tail light differences?