Sponsored by:

Happy Friday!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Happy Friday!!!!

Well, we'll see how quickly I can change coils tonight. I ordered a few days ago, and they should be here today. I can run on either coil now, but the idle is lumpy like a cammed out V8.

I changed the fuel pump monday night; my hands still smell like gas that didn't fix my issue, but at least I know that's not the issue.

All of this work so the car runs smoothly for the all day backroads driving we've got planned for tomorrow. Better not act up on me; I'll leave her by the side of the road, dammit!!!

and since it's friday, and I feel the weekend should start off with a bang:

Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Scotty964cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, wash hose hands quick!!! Seriously............
Hi Hawk,
I haven't shared much, I've been more on the hit and run. I'm enjoying my 964 when the weather allows. I haven't raised the top since Memorial day. Last night I took it out for a strech and I'm happy with the set up. I hope things are good you and your growing family and I wish you well!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Friday night will be a quiet evening, maybe watch a movie.

Saturday will be spent continuing my deck construction. It feels like I've gone to Home Depot or Lowes every night this week buying parts. Oh wait, I have.....4 out 5 nights. Anyway, I have friends coming over. Hoping to finish the stairs, rough in the electrical and get the rail posts up so we can begin laying the deck boards themselves.

Sunday will be a be-lated Fathers day with my girlfriends father. He is a big golf fan and didn't want to do anything last Sunday other than watch the masters.

Looking forward to finishing the deck and get back to tinkering on the 964's. The coupe's HVAC is still acting up (very little heat) and the cab's engine has a funny noise (growl) I'm suspecting its an alternator and/or fan bearing going.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Saturday is the neighborhood block party at my house. Special guests include the DC Mayor Fenty and Marion Barry. lol

Then I am going to the shooting range to give the AR15 a workout.

Sunday is barbeque and dog sitting day. Good weekend and lots of pcar driving.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:41 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nothing going on here. I am laying low so I dont hurt myself before I head up to my summer cottage in Virginia to do some fishing next thursday. Its going to be raining all weekend so a good excuse to do nothing
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Going to finish the 964. Bumper in place but a few more bolts and brackets to go... install exhaust again, hoses, etc. And then take it for a long drive.

Then flying Sunday night to Miami for a week long of work related meetings.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:41 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a big car weekend... finishing up a big proposal here at work ... boo.

Considering a new set of wheels... in addition to the Cup1s I have on there now. That's about it.

I do have a nagging set of pine-sap drips on the paint... anyone have a recommendation on getting them off the car?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by tbennett017
I do have a nagging set of pine-sap drips on the paint... anyone have a recommendation on getting them off the car?
Turpentine will remove the sap. Don't let the sap drip stay on the paint too long. Some saps will etch the paint.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:23 PM
jim_l
Instructor

going to replace that power steering hose from the reservoir to the pump, as jimq told said the hose started weeping after i tightened up the hose clamps.
may go to the Ultimate Street event as its only about 5 miles away
Old 06-26-2009, 04:44 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just finished changing out all 4 rotors. Fronts were cracked from high heat from De'ing and rears were worn down due to 97K miles on them.'

Went with Cryo treated slotted rotors for a little better stopping power at the track, I'll see how they work out at Watkins Glen next month.

Need to order a set of engine mounts, and I think I'll also get a fresh set of coils

Now I'll enjoy the weekend knowing that the stoppers are all fixed.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:47 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tbennett017
I use WD-40 on a towel to remove tar, sap and bugs.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I finally got my brakes/clutch bled correctly and am very pleased. Last weekend I performed the TSB to the AFM connector. Though I doubt it had anything to do with my rough running under load, the car runs better than it ever has and, after the work and the DME reset, even runs well with the AC going when it is cold. (No stalls with LWF) So I am happier than a pig in ****.

But I still have my Hall Signal code popping up. I won't believe that the car is fully fixed until I can get the code to go away for longer than just one outing. I'd really hate to have to buy a new distributor. I am going to order some coils this weekend... Who knows... Maybe that will do it. From what I have read there are about 15 things than can cause the code. Most are less expensive than a distributor!

Have a great weekend everyone!

** BTW... Hawk... You sure are getting good at taking pictures! I love your avatar... Now I have the idea in my head of getting a setup for my wife like I see in the picture... I'd never leave the house!

Last edited by Smokin; 06-26-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Happy Friday!!!!