Sponsored by:

Fake America Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 AM
TL-Register
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps other's are interested in that :

again a document that disturbs the well known "knowledge" .

Read more here: News

wide Regards

Norbert
Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by TL-Register
Here a little food for your speculations :

"3) The label under the trunk hood is missing. Do not have in
service manual. Under hood has vin# plate and color code# label. I have
checked engine # and transmission # on vehicle and they agree with COA. Car
went to original owner in Canada and he added brakes, spoiler, mass flow
in take, euro driving lights with brake air ducts. "

@ trader220 - No comment about the dokument i added ? No answer what your database shows about the discussed car - is it typed as a 964 650 or not? You say it is a regular Cab - so its typed as 964 630 ? Should be easy to find out for you, so why do you not answer these questions ?

wide Regards Norbert
So is he missing all documentation on this car? If so it is depreciating as we speak even if it were real. If the sticker under the hood is gone odds are a repaint so this leads to what i said before. How about the sticker in the service manual or the window sticker that someone had at the supposed time of the C of A being produced?? Also why would you change the brakes if the AR came with turbo brakes to begin with? If it were a 94 would it have come with big reds, big blacks or the 92 medium S4 front turbo calipers and what needed to be upgraded about any of those?

Perhaps other's are interested in that :

again a document that disturbs the well known "knowledge" .

Read more here: News

wide Regards

Norbert
Wow this gets even more confusing.

This letter states 354 1992 AR's built and 52 in 1993 with an undisclosed amount built in 1994??????? If this is so than this becomes a hit for all AR's since now there are almost as many Ar's as there are 94 turbo 3.6's imported in US spec.

The plot thickens and all I smell is dead fish.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ter-story.html

that was a thread by Bull30 who will argue there were only 250 built. 164 were made in 1992 and the remaining 86 were M718 coded changing vin to 1993. He has some registry i have not been able to locate that has a lot of the numbers recorded and we know a few M718 coded AR's exist.

They go as far as to say the number of 1992 and 1993's that were produced yet supply no info regarding how many 1994's were made. On top of that his records state few were made but no hint or less than number is given.

IMO as we get deeper into this it just looks worse and not better for this being the real deal.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:00 PM
TL-Register
Racer

> IMO as we get deeper into this it just looks worse and not better for this being the real deal.

For me the car is not a buyer - he is looking for over 60000 Dollar and is really not informed what had happened to his car. I cant believe that someone is willing to buy it. Canada Car should have a speedometer in km - why,when is it changed ?- how much original km/miles - No servicebook, no service history and perhaps damaged - why is the badge missing ? That sounds really not like the big deal.

To the informations from PNA: It could be for real - i´m not able to find a prove if it is - only thing i can say - it is the first time for me to see detailed number of peaces on a form from Porsche. All other sources talk about the often told 250 without any prove!

@ Anthony : M718 , as far as i know, was used to change 1993 cars to 1994 MY . I have not seen one America Roadster wearing this M-Code.

when i started to built up the TURBO-LOOK Register i could not imagine how exciting the subjekt Turbo-Look could be ....

wide Regards

Norbert
Old 06-15-2009, 01:11 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

> IMO as we get deeper into this it just looks worse and not better for this being the real deal.

For me the car is not a buyer - he is looking for over 60000 Dollar and is really not informed what had happened to his car. I cant believe that someone is willing to buy it. Canada Car should have a speedometer in km - why,when is it changed ?- how much original km/miles - No servicebook, no service history and perhaps damaged - why is the badge missing ? That sounds really not like the big deal.

To the informations from PNA: It could be for real - i´m not able to find a prove if it is - only thing i can say - it is the first time for me to see detailed number of peaces on a form from Porsche. All other sources talk about the often told 250 without any prove!

@ Anthony : M718 , as far as i know, was used to change 1993 cars to 1994 MY . I have not seen one America Roadster wearing this M-Code.

when i started to built up the TURBO-LOOK Register i could not imagine how exciting the subjekt Turbo-Look could be ....

wide Regards

Norbert
FYI I have seen an AR with an M718 code so they do exist. It was red with black interior and highly optioned with a number of 09991 parts like rootwood shifter and hand brake along with lots of leather. It was for sale at a car show a year ago and had all the options listed. Unfortunately, didn't understand the relevance at the time so i didn't bother jotting down the vin#. It would have helped in this situation.

The M718 code has been used on many models including the 928 GTS, RS America, 94 turbo 3.6 amongst a few.

Well this may never be resolved but keep up the good work and eventually the truths will come out. Porsche doesn't make it easy to decipher this info so you have quite the job ahead of you.

It would have been nice if the owner had some more info to answer all of our questions.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 AM
TL-Register
Racer

I have some new Informations direct from Porsche about our Baby ( no commend about the number of peaces from the letter ):

Car is NO FAKE !

Car is from 1993 Modelyear !
Car was delivered without VIN ( M912 Racecar without VIN )
Car was changed to 1994 Modelyear ( M718 )
Car is for Canada ( M113 )
Car came with US specific parts ( Speedometer in mls )
Car came with rear seats and safety belts
Car came with 17 Inch Cups

and lots of other stuff - to much to write but no delivery to exclusive department.

think the AmR - world is in order again ...

wide regards

Norbert
Old 06-16-2009, 01:35 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Norbert,

As a owner of 2 AR's (1 current, 1 sold) from new, I admire your tenacity on this subject. The AR in question sounds very fishy. IMHO, the car is not much of a gem even if all is order. I agree with Anthony that "...as we get deeper into this it just looks worse and not better for this being the real deal."
Old 06-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Sold with no Vin number? Not in any country I know of, later Vin change? Come on lets get real
Old 06-16-2009, 03:26 PM
TL-Register
Racer

Originally Posted by parsecnc4
Norbert,

As a owner of 2 AR's (1 current, 1 sold) from new, I admire your tenacity on this subject. The AR in question sounds very fishy. IMHO, the car is not much of a gem even if all is order. I agree with Anthony that "...as we get deeper into this it just looks worse and not better for this being the real deal."
Still hoping for yours on my lists

I agree your opinion - it is mine to. I had a nice contact to the owner, i fear he is not really in this theme ... Only thing that frightens me - it could be the very last AmR - and that would make the fishy-one to caviar

@ trader220 : nothing than hot air ... thought of more from a "profi"

wide Regards

Norbert
Old 06-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Hot air? hot air is "i have a document that proves I am right but I can show you" Hot air is car was sold with no vin number but then got a changed vin number LOL
Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still hoping for yours on my lists

wide Regards

Norbert
Alright... as soon as I get the chance to take it out from the garage and to take some nicer photos like yours, I will register on your site. I have not taken the covers off to see the AR in months. The last time it was moved was when my son had to move the car to get to some boxes in the garage.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:03 AM
TL-Register
Racer

Originally Posted by parsecnc4
Alright... as soon as I get the chance to take it out from the garage and to take some nicer photos like yours, I will register on your site. I have not taken the covers off to see the AR in months. The last time it was moved was when my son had to move the car to get to some boxes in the garage.
It is a great chance for me to get in contact to a owner of a car in first hand. Best way to get true and verified informations. So don't hesitate. You can reach me under m491@turbo-look.com outside this anonymous place.

@trader220 : I had a bad night!
Thought over and over : what are the interests of this guy? Does he only wants to write the car bad to make a cheap buy himself, or is his mind just caught in the middle ages - " what i don´t now doesn't exist ". If you are for real, it is easy for you to get verification for my informations. Ì´m sure you have the same! So increase your knowledge and we can talk again!

wide Regards

Norbert

Last edited by TL-Register; 06-19-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Why would you assume I had a bad night? What would my personal life’s relevance have to this thread? Also, why do you persist in making this personal with the childish attacks? Is there some reason we cant discuss the validity of this car without you making personal attacks and referencing material which cant be shown?

The internet can be a vast wasteland of people who enjoy portraying themselves as something they are not and who often sate their own opinion as if it were actual fact, without the ability to supply any proof to support that opinion.

My suggestion to you is don’t assume anything about me since you don’t know me, and keep your personal attacks and personal opinions about people whom you have never met to yourself while sticking to the actual facts.

The facts in the case of this car appear as if the car is not an AR. If you read the very first post on this thread you’ll note that I have NO intention of buying this car, so again your speculation on my motive is wrong and you should mature and learn not to assume your speculations are fact.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:53 AM
TL-Register
Racer

NEWS

Norbert
Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 AM
RAPID944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TL-Register car

ebay car
Old 06-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Thats great but there is nothing new here and putting it in your register does not prove or disprove anything. There is no new info here.

Quick Reply: Fake America Roadster?