Sponsored by:

Happy Friday

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:22 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy Friday

that's what my 3 yr old says about today. It fits!

so this is my busy month- I'm shooting a wedding this weekend, my 2 yr old turns 3 next, and then another wedding the weekend after. To wrap up the month, we have our all-day drive with the Porsche club the last weekend of June. I may be able to breath again in August, after I've edited the roughly 2K pictures I'm bound to take during the weddings.

So- somewhere in there I need to change the oil, and replace the fuel pump on the Porsche. Then, she needs a bath before the all-day drive.

What have you got on tap for the weekend?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:39 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Tomorrow, RPM Concourse, in Richmond, VA.
(The gf and the red car will be with me on the grass.)

Speaking of concourse, who's going to this year's Parade's concourse?
I'm going to that one, too.
(W/o the car, I'm afraid... There only that one day to see friends and cars.)
Old 06-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Danielito also has a phrase for Fridays... he calls them Family Fun Fridays! and expects we do something like play a board game, movie, sit down to read books, anything the four of us can enjoy.

My plans are to continue to work getting the bumper off and start to prep the parts for painting. I will give it a try on painting these parts... worst case I have to pay a pro to fix my mess..... best case, I learn to paint...
Old 06-05-2009, 11:11 AM
hawk911
Race Car

which car is getting paint; the SC transformer?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I took the TT to get the ethrottle fixed last week. was getting ready to go pick it up when another large blood clot went into the main branch of my lungs. Needless to say I have been in the hospital for the last 4 days. I can finally breath again and look like a pin coushin with all the tubes in me. This is the second time in 10 months this happened so I am getting a filter put in this afternoon to catch any more. Looks like I will be on chumindin for the rest of my life now. The good thing is I had about every heart, cancer etc. test or cat scan and everything is good. The dealer said they are taking good care of the car until i get out of here in a couple of days.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by jimq
I took the TT to get the ethrotle fixed last wek.
All done Jim? Is the 996TT back on the road?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Saturday - I will continue troubleshooting the reason my heater servos are not moving on the C2 coupe. If time permits, I will wash and wax both 964s.

Saturday night - Going to a surprise wedding shower with my girlfriend.

Sunday - Preparations for building a deck (16x16) on the back of the house. I placed an order for the materials on Wednesday. They will be delivered next Thursday. I have 6 friends coming over next Saturday to help build it. I need to make sure I have all of the supplies needed (tools, screws, assorted beer, etc). An unexpected side effect of the deck, is it gives me a reason to buy a few more tools. I need to purchase an english impact socket set. Most of my tools are metric. We plan on using my pneumatic impact wrench to drive in all of the lag screws to attach the ledger board to the house.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Man Jim- take care buddy!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Jim - Glad you are still with us. I'm not a medical person but the word "clot" in your lungs sounds scary.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

I took the TT to get the ethrottle fixed last week. was getting ready to go pick it up when another large blood clot went into the main branch of my lungs. Needless to say I have been in the hospital for the last 4 days. I can finally breath again and look like a pin coushin with all the tubes in me. This is the second time in 10 months this happened so I am getting a filter put in this afternoon to catch any more. Looks like I will be on chumindin for the rest of my life now. The good thing is I had about every heart, cancer etc. test or cat scan and everything is good. The dealer said they are taking good care of the car until i get out of here in a couple of days.
Wow! I keep telling you... need to take up drinking wine... good for the heart and blood.

Make sure they put a high performance filter.... We want all that blood flowing as fast as possible.

Take care my friend!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by hawk911
which car is getting paint; the SC transformer?
No no... decided to pay a pro to finish that one... piggy bank started...

I am talking about the rear bumper, and spoiler on the 964...
Old 06-05-2009, 11:39 AM
hawk911
Race Car

ah- I need to have the front bumper and hood done, as well as the engine lid. Tea-try could use it too, if I was ambitious.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are in good spirits. Sounds like a new oil filter and you are out the door.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:24 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Jim,
Take care of yourself. We don't want to see you spending time at the dealership and being recalled to the manufacturer.

Perhaps K&N makes a nice filter for your application, and you can pick up a few HP with the modification.

+1 for Red Wine I think it is helping to keep me alive.

I had not one, but two, phone conversations yesterday about Red C4's for sale. I think there is medication for this.

Putting new (quiet) brake pads in the black C4 tonight. Perfect weather this weekend here in Indiana.

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Wow! I keep telling you... need to take up drinking wine... good for the heart and blood.

Make sure they put a high performance filter.... We want all that blood flowing as fast as possible.

Take care my friend!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hawk, care to share the "rest" of that Avatar shot?

No plans for the car this weekend. On Sunday I fly to Sacramento to give a big preso on Monday AM. I might spend the weekend tweaking Powerpoint (boo).

Quick Reply: Happy Friday