Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera Cup flywheel/clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Steve W
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi, yes the chip fix for the installation is a 100% factory quality perfect solution to the stalling from the installation of a setup like the RS LWF and clutch. It is not some mickey mouse bump of the idle speed or AC On trickery used by other chips in the past and doesn't work most of the time. The idle stays the same, and returns on decel and between shifts just as the stock DMF. It also fixes the engagement off the line that cars normally experience from the reduced inertia of a LWF setup, so no need to slip the clutch as much, which accelerates clutch wear. Stop and go traffic is no longer frustrating. It has worked for everyone and that is a lot of cars. No more stalling or idle dipping as attested to in this thread. I wouldn't normally post such on this forum as it might be against the rules, but realizing there are so many 964 owners suffering from this problem over the past 15 or so years with no true solution known, I think it's important for them to know they no longer have to put up with it.

Last edited by Steve W; 06-05-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

That's great Steve. Once I have my Lt Wt set-up installed along with the exhaust components, etc. I'll swing by your place and we can decide on the best chip for my application. I had purchased a chip from you previously for my former Midninght Blue RSA. You actually helped me install it a few years ago. Maybe you remember me, anyway, Cool!! I'll let you know when I'm ready. Hope all is well

Thanks......
Old 06-06-2009, 09:33 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Install the LWF before you buy a chip and see what happens. I had no issues at all with stalling. Last year a put in a chip from the RS which makes the revs more stable around idle, but as said, the stock chip worked just fine for me.

Quick Reply: Carrera Cup flywheel/clutch