Sponsored by:

Monday Morning

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday Morning

Well, I pulled up the patio, leveled it, and relaid it last week for my vacation. Moved 3 yrds of topsoil, and then tipped a few beers. Other than getting the car dirty with topsoil dust, nothing with the car- not even a wink and a nudge.

this week, I plan to bathe her, and HAVE TO change the oil. Then maybe a nice drive over the holiday weekend.

so what about you?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been driving the 964 often as Mel's car is in for body work. Someone tagged her pretty good at the school parking lot and then fled.

The boys are loving the 964 rides to and from school. I'm not so happy with the short runs, but I found time for a couple of "Italian tune-ups" in the past few days. One fine run in light rain; gotta love the C4! And another country blast to pick up preme diapers. Those things are hard to find; and expensive!

My list is still long despite some excellent spring wrenching sessions. I'm itching to do another hydraulic fluid flush as my pump times are a bit longer than I like. I suspect its from the vanilla DOT fluid I was forced to use for a short while that seemed to take up an in-ordinate amount of water causing a mushy pedal. That was fixed with the last bleed, but I failed to do the accumulator and lock control.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Disk hats were painted right (finally).
Test drove RS engine mounts for first time. (Mmmmmmmm...)
Washed car. Waxing it tonight.
Car cover arrived Friday. Fits perfectly.
Drive car (+ cover) to work tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
jim_l
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a little wrenching, thought the PS pump was leaking oil, turns out it was just a loose hose clamp. Of course i pulled the hose from the pump and put some additional fluid into my engine tins, so had to clean up what oil i could and drive the rest off. Love the smell of transmission smoke in the morning.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

DE'd at Pocono over the weekend. On Saturday, the fog was so thick that we could not see from one end of the garage to the other (INSIDE!!!). It finally rained Sat PM which cleared away the fog, then we had 2 wet track sessions. Took a nice 360 off the track in the first session when I drove over a concrete patch right before the apex! Plowed the field with the left front tire. No damage, just 20 pounds of added wheel weight from the mud.

Sunday was COLD, low 40's (F)! Couldn't get good heat in the tires in the early stages of the sessions. Remained clear for the day, and the 964 held its own (sort of) against the newer 911's, GT3's and even a 997 TT Cab!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Saturday AM I took the Pcar out for a little run… then I went running myself. Did the gardening, cleaning, laundry, food shopping, and then drank some beers.

Sunday I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jim_l
Did a little wrenching, thought the PS pump was leaking oil, turns out it was just a loose hose clamp. ..............:
Didnt do anything Pcar related except did drive the 964 some.
jim_l keep an eye on the hose. My clamps were lose but after tightning them it started leaking again. It turned out the hose itself was seeping fluid out of it. It was the small 6" or so hose.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Scotty964cab
Racer

Default Happy

I rowed at 6am through the weekend. On Saturday, we did a community cleanup and BBQ that had been scheduled for a while. Lots of tree planting and trimming, then the beer, dogs and ribs. My CAB is back from Fabspeed. I'd like to take you all for a ride. I'm very happy with my setup. Actually, happy really doesn't cover it. The high end is vicious. The crusin' tones in low RPM are soulful. I'm reminded of my '74 VW, when I would play with the throtle to create melody. I'm still playing tunes 35 years later.
The stats and other goodies are posting this afternoon.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

My friend Rob came by on Saturday and helped my noob *** put in a new fuel pump. Car is running extremely well. Amazing what a new fuel pump will do for you. Feels like a new car. This week I am planning on doing a lot of piddly maintenance projects. Otherwise enjoying the beautiful weather.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
941MXVET
Pro

Raced at an MX event, and am pretty sore today. Took the day off to recoup, and get some chores done. Since we didn't take the Porsche out this weekend, I'll run all my errands in it today!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Streetfighter
My friend Rob came by on Saturday and helped my noob *** put in a new fuel pump. Car is running extremely well. Amazing what a new fuel pump will do for you. Feels like a new car. This week I am planning on doing a lot of piddly maintenance projects. Otherwise enjoying the beautiful weather.
what made you go with a new pump; what were your symptoms?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

This was the weekend of the annual Fargo Porsche Show.

Doc
Attached Images   
Old 05-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
what made you go with a new pump; what were your symptoms?
Hawk, the car would not start, after changing out the DME Relay and same symptoms. I did some trouble shooting and checked the battery, dist. caps, belt, rotors, and came to the conclusion it was the fuel pump, no gas smell coming out of the tail pipe. Thanks to my friend Rob, he pointed me in the right direction. Ordered a new fuel pump from a company in Florida and installed it Saturday, so far it is running really well. Plan on doing oil change, spark plugs, dist. belt (just to be save) transmission fluid, clean air filter, clean battery terminals, fuel filter and lastly wash and wax!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:48 PM
jim_l
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimq
Didnt do anything Pcar related except did drive the 964 some.
jim_l keep an eye on the hose. My clamps were lose but after tightning them it started leaking again. It turned out the hose itself was seeping fluid out of it. It was the small 6" or so hose.
Jim, thanks for the heads up, i was going to take the hose to the auto store and find a replacement forgot about the fluid in the res. did you order a oem hose or just fit a piece of standard hose.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Streetfighter
Hawk, the car would not start, after changing out the DME Relay and same symptoms. I did some trouble shooting and checked the battery, dist. caps, belt, rotors, and came to the conclusion it was the fuel pump, no gas smell coming out of the tail pipe. Thanks to my friend Rob, he pointed me in the right direction. Ordered a new fuel pump from a company in Florida and installed it Saturday, so far it is running really well. Plan on doing oil change, spark plugs, dist. belt (just to be save) transmission fluid, clean air filter, clean battery terminals, fuel filter and lastly wash and wax!
Mine gives me intermittent starting issues; not catching right away, and I typically have to pump the pedal. This is EFI, right?

I may have to look into it. Care to share your parts source

Quick Reply: Monday Morning