Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken engine :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 PM
banzaisan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear that your car is done! See you at Gingerman!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rabjohns
Well the Eurosport guys did as promised and have my car back in time for my first race at Gingerman this weekend. Time to move on and forget about the pain and start enjoying the track. Thanks for all the help.

Cheers

David
Good to hear, David. I'll see you out there this weekend.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Post Script.

So the engine got re-built nicely by Eurosport. First trackday, as the engine was running in, the clutch went!!. Anyway I got to complete my first race event, after some swift work from the Eurosport boys.

At the next event, Putnam, things began to fall into place. I found out that the guy who sold me the car had replaced the aftermarket chip with a stock chip last year to race. But that stock chip had come from a Stock 93 964 and was put in a 1990.

Now apparently, and I thank Joe for this (bagodoughnuts) you can't do that. So beware. If you have read this thread becasue you are having similar problems check the number on your chip and make sure it is the right one for your car. The Eurosport guys hypothsised that the wrong chip could have caused the engine damage and they were probably right.

New, old, chip being fitted as we speak.

Quick Reply: Broken engine :(