Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger today... but the barrel was empty :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Warpig
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger today... but the barrel was empty :(

Yep thats right. Had my eye on this sweet 964 for the past 6 weeks or so. Was hesitant to pull the trigger because she was priced much higher (25K) than I wanted to spend (18-21K). Minus results from a PPI she was perfect in every way... She was a looker 9+ inside & out. She was at this dealer for around 6 months... I figured i had plenty of time... Been looking around here for others that are more to my budget but not finding anything even close to as nice for less. Perfect color combo Slate Grey with light grey interior. I decided over the past week or so that she would be "The One" I was tired of looking and finding nothing near as nice in my area. Took off work early today stopped at the bank and moved some funds around and headed off to the dealer. Walked in the showroom and she was GONE... Sold Friday.

Sorry I had to mourn for a minute... Enough feeling sorry for myself... off to the classifieds to find another. I dont know if I can take another 6 weeks of this

Nick
Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hang in there... the right one will come.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't that how it always happens? I swear there is some cosmic thing that happens with cars and real estate that multiple people converge on items at the same time.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That stings!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I try not to worry about a few thousand plus or minus for something I really want, as long as the cost isn't going to change my life. You'll find the right one - this one just wasn't meant to be!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Damn. Nick sorry to hear that. I can't believe that car sold! It was a beauty, but there will always be others. There have been a few nice ones that have popped up in our area. Keep searching and you will find a nice one. As always I am around to help you if you need it.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 AM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How's it go again ? Snooze you.....
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Warpig
Pro

...Lose. It was a nice car but It took me a while to make up my mind because the price was high. When I finally decided... Gone. Oh well I didnt want to spend that much anyway. After Taxes & plates I'd have been at 26K

Hey streetfighter if you see any you think I might want to have a look at let me know, unless of course you're looking for another yourself

I must be looking in the wrong places... All the ones in this area I see are 27K+ or a CAB. (DAMN CAB"S no offense to any cab owners) When you are looking for a coupe or a Targa and all that ever pops up within 100 miles of you are CAB's it gets frustrating. I can think of 3 cabs popped up within the last two weeks for sale within a half hour drive of here right now.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 AM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

That is a bummer, but there are plenty out there. Sometimes they hibernate in winter though.

Where do you live and where are you looking? www.cars.com, Autotrader, Craigslist, Rennlist, Pelican list, local PCA…

When it is sleeping in your garage, the search will be worth it.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

You don´t know how lucky you are boys... (as the Beatles singed a few years back)
When I bought my C2 in 2007 (42K U$S - there was only one other 964 for sale here (a tiptronic cabriolet from the same year and half the mileage of my 964, that Cab was selling for 10k more than my car)
After that, no other 964 went for sale here (and very few 993) I think maybe there are 20 or less 964s in the whole country
On the plus side I can get 50K U$S for my car without even trying hard
Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Obviously

not the right one for you. These cars tend to find homes for themselves, not the other way around.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
foxford
Rennlist Member

I don't know if you are near Chicago, but...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1146917575.html

No affiliation, blah, blah, blah...
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Warpig
Pro

Originally Posted by Henry964
there was only one other 964 for sale here (a tiptronic cabriolet from the same year and half the mileage of my 964, that Cab was selling for 10k more than my car
thats how it feels here in the Chicagoland area right now. I search the whole country and there are 964's everywhere for 15-20K except Chicago. Here if they are less than 25K they are convertibles or tiptronics or both. As of last night there were two 5 speed coupes/targa's in the chicagoland area I found. a 94 Targa for 27K, a 90 Coupe for 29K, both over my budget. There were about 8 convertibles (all under 25K)

Originally Posted by foxford
I don't know if you are near Chicago, but...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1146917575.html

No affiliation, blah, blah, blah...
Thanks for the lead... I searched 7 states on craigslist last night and this one was not there last night. They do pop up. I may have to take a look at it even though the only color I like less than green is guards red.

For anyone thinking of selling that stumbles through this thread, here is what I am looking for...

Ideally, I'm looking for a 964 C2 open on color except green or guards red (amazon would be OK, other shades of green, yuck, never liked green cars) prefer all original paint, a little, and I mean a little touch up ok so long as the work does not stand out. No cabrio's, Targa's OK or Coupe. 5 speed, no tip. 94/93 a plus 92/91 OK 90/89 avoiding if possible. I prefer not to drive more than 3 hours to look at a car, but might if extensive pictures showed she was worthy of the trip. Interior must be an 8 or better, exterior 8 or better and have a good PPI. Mileage isn't critical but between 50K & 100K is a plus Looking to spend 18K-21K would be willing to go up to 23K for a 9+/9+ (showroom quality fully detailed inside/out)

BTW of all the places recommended to search above I have searched them all, but not pelican or pca very frequently, the others at least 4 times a week for the last 2 months. Also searched a few others not mentioned.

Ready to buy, cash in hand.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Nick, I have seen a well priced black 993 in Glen Ellyn with 84k needs a little touch up on the paint and a possible gearbox issue, 2nd gear synchro. Maybe worth a look, it is well within your budget if your interested let me know.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Warpig,

If you are looking for a Targa, you may wish to review this item on e-bay. Item #160331802888. I usually would not recommend something like this off of e-bay, but this was my car.

The car was stolen from my garage on 1/2/08, and after a joyride, the car sat for 14 months undetected, was recovered, and eventually sold at an auction earlier this month. The joy ride put on 4 miles! I noticed that it was on e-bay last night. I can tell you that the guy purchased it for $10k from the auction, but I do not know where his reserve is set.

I have detailed records I can e-mail if you wish to review. I didn't purchase the car at auction, because I had already used my settlement $ to buy a replacement. If you want record history, drop me a PM. You can also check out the entire saga on the General Discussion board under the STOLEN 964 in ATLANTA.

If this is not what you are lookign for, good luck on your search. I am sure you will find what you want, it just takes time.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger today... but the barrel was empty :(